• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix considering playable female character DLC for Final Fantasy XV

Which female character do you want to see as Final Fantasy XV DLC?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eggbok

1413942643622o2l2i.gif

Lightning is the only real answer.
Still hoping for a XIII rermaster..

Ran rp

... this is on a tangent, but my personal opinion is that there is no way FFXV, TLG, Shenmue 3, FF7R, KH3 etc can ever really live up to the expectations that people will put on them. With their histories/mythical status I think the majority of gamers are gonna have unreasonably high standards that no game will be able to live up to.

why wouldn't KH3?

I need Lightning DLC that integrates Lightning into the story and turns the game into Lightning REturns II.0.(1/2): Final Fantasy XIII-4.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This poll, lol.

SE going to be like "We saw the poll on NeoGAF and realized fans overwhelmingly like Lighting and want more of her, so we worked hard to put her in the game. Toriyama worked closely with us to ensure we created the best representation of Lightning possible."

Ploid 3.0

Nitpicks and silly complaints the post

Which are?

Is it the colorless clothes the characters wear? This was just an observation I just noticed, after realizing that they are probably the only characters that will be playable in the game.

Maybe it's that I said they may be the only party members? Final Fantasy games usually have many characters to join your party that you are able to put in your main playable team.

Most likely that Final Fantasy is slapped onto this game, right? Another observation after I have started paying more attention to the game due to the increased threads here on gaf. It started after the Moogle trailer was released, and I start to notice the other weird FF tropes being seemingly thrown in for the fans. It seems like the team behind this game was just not into the idea of having moogles in this game and gave people want they demanded in a, "here, there's your stinking moogle, now shut up" tone. I wasn't a person begging for a moogle, as I had no idea they weren't part of the world to begin with. There was a crystal in the movie, I almost thought it wasn't that important, but it did give the kingsglave their power, and provided a shield for Insomnia.

I didn't say the game was bad, I did add a off comment about DLC that may seem like I'm saying the game is bad, but it's DLC announcements before games are out which I don't care for. I even said I'll be able to wait to see if the game is good.

TL;DNR : What did I nit pick, or make a silly complaint about, and how did my post become the king of nit pick and silly complaints? The only thing I complained about was the DLC before the game, and DLC character idea story bringing to my attention that we may be stuck with these four character that seem dull to me. I also don't like him even more because of the movie, Nyx will not be avenged. (I'm not being aggressive, or defensive. I like talking about things I'm interested in. The case here being the next Final Fantasy game. I hope I cleared stuff up about that post)

.JayZii

Banned
Which are?

Is it the colorless clothes the characters wear? This was just an observation I just noticed, after realizing that they are probably the only characters that will be playable in the game.

Maybe it's that I said they may be the only party members? Final Fantasy games usually have many characters to join your party that you are able to put in your main playable team.

Most likely that Final Fantasy is slapped onto this game, right? Another observation after I have started paying more attention to the game due to the increased threads here on gaf. It started after the Moogle trailer was released, and I start to notice the other weird FF tropes being seemingly thrown in for the fans. It seems like the team behind this game was just not into the idea of having moogles in this game and gave people want they demanded in a, "here, there's your stinking moogle, now shut up" tone. I wasn't a person begging for a moogle, as I had no idea they weren't part of the world to begin with. There was a crystal in the movie, I almost thought it wasn't that important, but it did give the kingsglave their power, and provided a shield for Insomnia.

I didn't say the game was bad, I did add a off comment about DLC that may seem like I'm saying the game is bad, but it's DLC announcements before games are out which I don't care for. I even said I'll be able to wait to see if the game is good.

TL;DNR : What did I nit pick, or make a silly complaint about, and how did my post become the king of nit pick and silly complaints? The only thing I complained about was the DLC before the game, and DLC character idea story bringing to my attention that we may be stuck with these four character that seem dull to me. I also don't like him even more because of the movie, Nyx will not be avenged. (I'm not being aggressive, or defensive. I like talking about things I'm interested in. The case here being the next Final Fantasy game. I hope I cleared stuff up about that post)
You can change their clothes. I think there have been 5 different costumes for each character shown so far. I assume there will be more in the game.

There will be guest party members, but the main four will be your party throughout the game. I'm a big fan of big parties and variety in rpgs, but I respect their decision to go for a bonding road trip between a small, close group of friends for one entry in the series.

Can you elaborate on what other Final Fantasy tropes seem shoehorned into the game to you other than moogles? I can see where you are coming from on the decoy moogle doll (even though I think it's a pretty fun/funny addition that seems really useful). All the other FF elements I've seen seem pretty well integrated into the world. There is aesthetic juxtaposition, but that has been Final Fantasy's MO since VII.

.JayZii

Banned
Votes don't lie.
I'm surprised Cindy and Luna are almost tied, too. Though, I have to wonder what a Cindy DLC would even look like. Driving around, a car fixing minigame, and handing out side quests to other adventuring parties?

The joke response did its job of weeding out people who shouldn't be taken seriously's votes.

Rellik

This poll, lol.

SE going to be like "We saw the poll on NeoGAF and realized fans overwhelmingly like Lighting and want more of her, so we worked hard to put her in the game. Toriyama worked closely with us to ensure we created the best representation of Lightning possible."

I can only hope.

We need our one and only goddess to come back and be L'cie or fal'cie or whatever the shit she was.

The poll has talked. Do it SE.

It seemed like you drew a lot of intense conclusions over the quality of the game over some really simple things, and yeah it was worded like you thought the game was going to be bad and considering its been in development for 10 years I can guarantee it didn't just have Final Fantasy slapped on to it since it started its life a decade ago as FFVersusXIII as for your other complaints, JayZii already answered them.

But your original post made you come off as really upset over some really simple things that really are that big of a deal and have been known about for 10 years now so I just thought it was silly.

Ploid 3.0

You can change their clothes. I think there have been 5 different costumes for each character shown so far. I assume there will be more in the game.

Good to hear. I had no idea, I'll look up the costumes/gear(?) next.

There will be guest party members, but the main four will be your party throughout the game. I'm a big fan of big parties and variety in rpgs, but I respect their decision to go for a bonding road trip between a small, close group of friends for one entry in the series.

I wonder if you can change their roles and weapons to make up for the 4 characters being the same. I know the main guy has the ability to use many different weapons, but I don't know about the others.

Can you elaborate on what other Final Fantasy tropes seem shoehorned into the game to you other than moogles? I can see where you are coming from on the decoy moogle doll (even though I think it's a pretty fun/funny addition that seems really useful). All the other FF elements I've seen seem pretty well integrated into the world. There is aesthetic juxtaposition, but that has been Final Fantasy's MO since VII.

The summons look strange in that realistic world. Giants, and seemingly they are just roaming? Titan attacks them, I think Ramuh is summoned in a demo. Though I must say, Leviathan looked awesome in that one area, maybe the others won't look out of place.

I don't know if there's a job system, but after 13, I can't really complain about that. Maybe the main guy is a type of class shifter, while the other 3 are Dark Knight, Ranger/gunner, and I have no idea what Glasses does.

The car seems to be their airship. Maybe they will get a real airship, but it looks like it'll be their transforming car. I'm shaking my head at this car. By the end it will be revealed that the car is some important thing. A fire crystal will be revealed in it's motor. I'm reminded that there are many other awesome huge airships, so it doesn't matter. Edit: I just saw this video for the first time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZP0crHJvs. Ok, maybe this will be their only airship. I wonder if it could always do that, or if you later buy a upgrade. Why even drive on the road with this beast. Final form a big battle mech. Snake, "Metal Gearrrrr"

Chocobos are in, maybe the car doesn't totally make them useless. Maybe the car can transform into a off road chocobo though :\

Those are the things I thought back on during the moogle revealed trailer. And now their plan to stick to these 4 people with guest characters. I'm not mad about all of this mind you, it's just interesting where Final Fantasy is going to go post FF13 (I totally skipped that one, 3 times). I'm looking forward to seeing how different FF16 is going to be as well. It just seems like this game could have been another franchise easily. Unless the summons play a big role.

I haven't played the last FF13 game yet but wasn't 15 originally connected to 13 in some way?

It would be cool to see Lightning regardless just because it's something I don't expect to happen.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
There should've been a playable female character from Day 1 but whatever, I'll take DLC if it's a possibility.

Also, incredibly strange to see Lightning dominating the poll when the majority of GAF have been shitting on her and the games she was in for like the past 5+ years. :/

Ray Down

Banned
There should've been a playable female character from Day 1 but whatever, I'll take DLC if it's a possibility.

Also, incredibly strange to see Lightning dominating the poll when the majority of GAF have been shitting on her and the games she was in for like the past 5+ years. :/

I'm sure most are doing it as a joke.

OrionX

I thought I was done.

When I stepped off that train, I found myself smiling for the first time in a long time. Everything was going to be okay. The world I entered was new and strange, yet something about it felt right. Like it had been waiting for me. Like I belonged there. I found my family and friends, and discovered my passion for modeling. I know... of all things, who would've thought that was the life for me? But after all my time fighting in the shadows, something about the spotlight of the camera felt right. I was Claire Farron, a whole new person with a fresh start. Everything seemed perfect. It was like a dream...

And just like all dreams, it ended.

It seemed just like any other day. I was on my way to my next photoshoot in Insomnia, when suddenly the city fell under attack. Chaos was flooding this beautiful new world, and I found myself in a struggle for life and death, like so many times before. That was when I realized that Claire Farron had just been a lie. I was never truly her. I was born to fight, and it was foolish of me to think I could be happy, to think I could live a peaceful life. I thought this new world would be a paradise, but it isn't. It's full of corruption, and someone must stand against it. I hear the people, crying out for me. I'm still needed, so I have to be strong.

I must become Lightning, once again.

I'm so sorry, I feel so ashamed lol

.JayZii

Banned
Good to hear. I had no idea, I'll look up the costumes/gear(?) next.

I wonder if you can change their roles and weapons to make up for the 4 characters being the same. I know the main guy has the ability to use many different weapons, but I don't know about the others.

The summons look strange in that realistic world. Giants, and seemingly they are just roaming? Titan attacks them, I think Ramuh is summoned in a demo. Though I must say, Leviathan looked awesome in that one area, maybe the others won't look out of place.

I don't know if there's a job system, but after 13, I can't really complain about that. Maybe the main guy is a type of class shifter, while the other 3 are Dark Knight, Ranger/gunner, and I have no idea what Glasses does.

The car seems to be their airship. Maybe they will get a real airship, but it looks like it'll be their transforming car. I'm shaking my head at this car. By the end it will be revealed that the car is some important thing. A fire crystal will be revealed in it's motor. I'm reminded that there are many other awesome huge airships, so it doesn't matter. Edit: I just saw this video for the first time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HZP0crHJvs. Ok, maybe this will be their only airship. I wonder if it could always do that, or if you later buy a upgrade. Why even drive on the road with this beast. Final form a big battle mech. Snake, "Metal Gearrrrr"

Chocobos are in, maybe the car doesn't totally make them useless. Maybe the car can transform into a off road chocobo though :\

Those are the things I thought back on during the moogle revealed trailer. And now their plan to stick to these 4 people with guest characters. I'm not mad about all of this mind you, it's just interesting where Final Fantasy is going to go post FF13 (I totally skipped that one, 3 times). I'm looking forward to seeing how different FF15 is going to be as well. It just seems like this game could have been another franchise easily. Unless the summons play a big role.
I can see what you mean by not liking the juxtaposition, but I like the fact that you're driving along Route 66 with monsters off on the sides of the road and a giant sleeping titan is a geological landmark. Like everything, it will all come down to execution, but I'm not turned off by the mixture of ideas on a superficial level. The summon creatures are gods of the world, and it seems like the only reason they are interacting with characters in game is because Noctis is supposed to become basically a magical king and is earning their support, and Luna is an oracle who can speak with the gods. They seem to be very important to the game world and story. Your Joe Everyman, guy on the street has nothing to do with these entities, as far as I can tell.

----------

Noctis is the omniclass character who can use all weapons and magic, along with the sword warping and "royal magic" later on of which we've only seen the Death spell in a trailer, so far.

Gladio(shirtless) uses greatswords and shields and unlocks skills for a tanking role and "tempest" where he does a large sweeping attack to hit enemies that are grouped together. Prompto(blonde) uses guns and other mechanical devices and seems to be mainly ranged DPS with some tactical special commands like a blinding flare or an armor-piercing shot. Ignis(glasses) uses daggers or spears and unlocks skills for support and healing with a special command called "mark" where he marks multiple separate enemies and then Noctis does a follow up where he warps to each of them and does an extra damaging attack. All of them can equip elemental magic, and you unlock team attacks and follow up attacks from other party members from doing things like getting blindside hits on enemies. Noctis is also promted to do a follow up attack whenever the other party members use a special ability like "tempest" or "piercer". There are a lot of unique animations on the follow up attacks depending on the character and the weapon that really sell it for me, like when Noctis has a spear equipped and Gladio throws him up into the air on the side of his sword and then Noctis slams down on the enemies with an attack like a Dragoon's signature "jump".

------------

The car is just for driving on roads and paths until you unlock the airship version of it later in the game. Chocobos are what you use for traversing the off-road environment.

See Koozek for gifs of everything I've attempted to explain.

I thought I was done.

When I stepped off that train, I found myself smiling for the first time in a long time. Everything was going to be okay. The world I entered was new and strange, yet something about it felt right. Like it had been waiting for me. Like I belonged there. I found my family and friends, and discovered my passion for modeling. I know... of all things, who would've thought that was the life for me? But after all my time fighting in the shadows, something about the spotlight of the camera felt right. I was Claire Farron, a whole new person with a fresh start. Everything seemed perfect. It was like a dream...

And just like all dreams, it ended.

It seemed just like any other day. I was on my way to my next photoshoot in Insomnia, when suddenly the city fell under attack. Chaos was flooding this beautiful new world, and I found myself in a struggle for life and death, like so many times before. That was when I realized that Claire Farron had just been a lie. I was never truly her. I was born to fight, and it was foolish of me to think I could be happy, to think I could live a peaceful life. I thought this new world would be a paradise, but it isn't. It's full of corruption, and someone must stand against it. I hear the people, crying out for me. I'm still needed, so I have to be strong.

I must become Lightning, once again.

I'm so sorry, I feel so ashamed lol

10/10

Tyaren

"We saw the poll on NeoGAF and realized fans overwhelmingly like Lighting and want more of her, so we worked hard to put her in the game. Toriyama worked closely with us to ensure we created the best representation of Lightning possible."

...and something something roses.

Lol, guys, seriously, what did you do to this poll?

Top Bottom