• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix considering playable female character DLC for Final Fantasy XV

Which female character do you want to see as Final Fantasy XV DLC?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I wonder do they mean this as far as making another episode or having another character for multiplayer. I'd be okay with either.
If it's Aranea

synce

Should've been one in the main party to begin with. One of the reasons I'm not immediately buying this game is because the protagonists are all guys, and I honestly can barely tell them apart

Monocle

OK but if she puts moves on any of my totally not gay but plenty homosocial anime bros, she WILL sleep outside the tent.

Also, if she stares at Gladio's leather clad ass for too long, I'll know.

We've known this for quite some time. It's the sort of thing I can understand being something of a dealbreaker for folks, but between Brotherhood and the heaps of praise for the cast chemistry we've read about in the press previews, I'm mostly aboard with it.

I'm thinking most people were thinking of guest characters too though besides Cor. Cause when the video of Iris with Noctis was first shown she had her own hitpoints.

Anyways Luna A pure Mage perhaps? Would be pretty cool I think. Cindy would be kinda Hilarious maybe she would fight with tools like hammers and wrenches they could make it work if they wanted too but that would be a joke.

The Dragoon lady would be the only other one I would even consider.

tumblr_nsddk27rXA1qdqlkxo2_1280.jpg

Female Prompto is hot as hell.

Koozek

The summons look strange in that realistic world. Giants, and seemingly they are just roaming? Titan attacks them, I think Ramuh is summoned in a demo. Though I must say, Leviathan looked awesome in that one area, maybe the others won't look out of place.
How did they not look out of place in FFVII and FFVIII's realistic worlds then? In FFVII Titan, an underwear-wearing giant man, was lying around in a junkyard inside a red ball, lol. FFs always juxtaposed realism and fantasy.

Fureur-de-la-terre.png

Actually you could argue that FFXV does a better job at integrating them organically into the story and universe. They're not just random big monsters that you can call out of nowhere. They're an integral part of the game's lore.

-

Eidolons [they're called Astrals now], the term for creatures you can summon in Final Fantasy XV, play a major role in the world's cosmology. Eidolons are godlike creatures that were involved in the creation of the world, and each eidolon has a distinct look and personality. The eidolons are also gendered--for example, Ramuh is male and Leviathan is female--and their own language. Players will discover each Eidolon as part of Final Fantasy XV's storyline.

-
Astrals are not "random creatures" that show up and suddenly disappear. They fit into the world around them, thus "forging a covenant" with them is meaningful. Speaking of the Astrals, director Hajime Tabata said, "You get them to help you. You ask them to let them agree to help you. In the world of Final Fantasy there is one word given to them and that is 'Guardians.' They are protective deities. So the relationship that Noctis has with them is that he besieges them to request them to lend him their power."

---

As for DLC: if done right they can be wonderful, see Witcher 3. The DLC stuff will have new unique gameplay mechanics for each character's self-contained little, solo episode. Then its own battle-arena/Horde Mode co-op DLC some time later. It's something they wouldn't have been able to do in the main game just like that and without having to spend another year in development. It's a little extra for those who want to play more FFXV next year. It's not like it's integral to the main game. They only recently started development and are still in planning phase for most it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1301391
---

As for the alternate clothes, here are a few examples:
tumblr_oe10s3edm61sd29ego4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_oe10s3edm61sd29ego3_r1_250.gif

SaniOYOYOY

Actually I like the idea of 13-2 colesium dlc with past ff chars as enemy.Cant wait to firaga dat lightning'ass
kappa

Rappy

Final Fantasy XV Versus XIII: A New Age of Lightning

I didn't vote for Lightning because she's automatically first pick, so might as well vote for the second choice. But seriously, I'd be completely fine with with playable Lightning if the combat is as good as it looks/what the previewers say. Being able to use the Blazefire Saber, the magic, and even an Odin mode sounds like a lot of fun in a free roam and even more action oriented game as FFXV.

Eggbok

I know people are trolling about Lightning but I genuinely think it would be amazing. Non turn based gameplay + Lightning reminds me of the "gameplay" prototype of XIII from E3'06.

MagnificentPiercingAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif

Meia

I know people are trolling about Lightning but I genuinely think it would be amazing. Non turn based gameplay + Lightning reminds me of the "gameplay" prototype of XIII from E3'06.

Yep. Lightning had a neat design and was stuck in some bad games. Time to branch out! :D

NoKisum

Isn't FFXV set in the same universe as FFXIII anyway? So Lightning coming into this game via DLC wouldn't be too farfetched.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. Lightning had a neat design and was stuck in some bad games. Time to branch out! :D

LR's battle system was really good and should be expanded upon, beyond being modified in Mobius.

I voted for Lightning too :p

Isn't FFXV set in the same universe as FFXIII anyway? So Lightning coming into this game via DLC wouldn't be too farfetched.

They were never in the same universe.
Just using the same mythology as a backbone. And the game supposedly no longer uses the Fabula Nova Crystalis myth anyway.

Although Lightning is the easy go to troll these days. The real troll vote should have been Stella if she was including in the poll. Kind of a missed opportunity.

Dargor

Hey you! Yes you, SE employee whos monitoring this thread!

Just hope you already know that people are trolling with them votes for Lightning.

Don't believe the lies dude!

ps: I voted for Iris

duckroll

As a moderator on this forum I would respectfully ask you not to attempt to rig these elections with biased media agenda. There is no trolling going on. FFXIII is clearly a popular brand. I just voted for the goddess myself. She must not be forgotten.

Gbraga

Aside from the obviously superior Lightning, playing as 10 years older Iris with a punchy gameplay would be the best thing ever.

Rappy

It's like people didn't even play Lightning Returns before judging it. And judging from the sales of the game, most people probably didn't. Dislike everything else about the game all you want, but Lightning Returns has one of the best combat systems of the FF series (unless you're only looking for turn based gameplay and some would argue ATB is not turn based but that's a topic for another time).

Koozek

It's like people didn't even play Lightning Returns before judging it. And judging from the sales of the game, most people probably didn't. Dislike everything else about the game all you want, but Lightning Returns has one of the best combat systems of the FF series (unless you're only looking for turn based gameplay and some would argue ATB is not turn based but that's a topic for another time).
2ZRSBfM.gif

Dargor

As a moderator on this forum I would respectfully ask you not to attempt to rig these elections with biased media agenda. There is no trolling going on. FFXIII is clearly a popular brand. I just voted for the goddess myself. She must not be forgotten.

The truth is out there man!

Alright alright. Since this is the day I go on media black-out for this game I'll finish things up quickly. If Lightning is in I'll be fine with it. She is a cool character, I think it's just Hope that made me have different thoughts. I'll need to finish LR one day but I'm hoping for a trilogy remaster. I'd prefer someone like Stella but Lightning is a good option.

Rydia instead please

Koozek

Alright alright. Since this is the day I go on media black-out for this game I'll finish things up quickly. If Lightning is in I'll be fine with it. She is a cool character, I think it's just Hope that made me have different thoughts. I'll need to finish LR one day but I'm hoping for a trilogy remaster. I'd prefer someone like Stella but Lightning is a good option.

Rydia instead please
See you tomorrow.

Top Bottom