• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix developing unannounced new IP for HD consoles that ‘aims to realize a next-generation action game experience’

Bullet Club

Square Enix developing unannounced new IP for HD consoles that ‘aims to realize a next-generation action game experience’

By an international team of creators from all over the world.

Square Enix’s First Development Division is currently working on an unannounced new intellectual property for high-definition consoles, according to the Square Enix Japan recruitment website.

The First Development Division has a diverse portfolio that includes Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, SaGa: Scarlet Grace, Romancing SaGa 3 (remastered), Romancing SaGa Re:Universe, and various other titles, and a large number of staff skilled in a range of fields from consoles to smartphones.

Under the section for the unannounced new title, Square Enix says that it is “aiming to realize a ‘next-generation action game experience’ that goes beyond the framework of existing action games, with an international team of creators from all over the world.”

Source: Gematsu

FMXVII

A game developer is making a game?

No, no, no.

They are "AIMING to realize a next generation action game experience."

So they are TAKING AIM AT making a next gen game on a next gen console.

This implies a certain level of expectation on their part that they MIGHT NOT be able to make a next gen game... on next gen hardware.

Last edited:

Keihart

The Bouncer 2!
iu

As if, square enix is not in it to take risks as they used to.

ROMhack

The First Development Division has a diverse portfolio that includes Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, SaGa: Scarlet Grace, Romancing SaGa 3 (remastered), Romancing SaGa Re:Universe

Diverse.
All RPGs

mortal

Gold Member
The Bouncer 2!
iu

As if, square enix is not in it to take risks as they used to.
It say new IP right there in the thread title, come on dude lol. Developing new IP is arguably more risk taking than making a sequel to an old PS2 title.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I hope it’s from the Eidos branch and not from Square. They still suck outside FF14

edit:... sigh

Last edited:

Keihart

It say new IP right there in the thread title, come on dude lol. Developing new IP is arguably more risk taking than making a sequel to an old PS2 title.
I meant something like it, obviously nobody wants a The Bouncer 2...the game is kinda trash, but i mean, at the time, it was pretty interesting....just like einhander for example (wich is not trash). Square Enix is not like Squaresoft, they used to dip in every genre not only "rpgs".
So yeah, a new action game sounds more like a new action rpg tied to something like FF instead of something actually new, i hope i'm wrong tho.

Digity

I meant something like it, obviously nobody wants a The Bouncer 2...the game is kinda trash, but i mean, at the time, it was pretty interesting....just like einhander for example (wich is not trash). Square Enix is not like Squaresoft, they used to dip in every genre not only "rpgs".
So yeah, a new action game sounds more like a new action rpg tied to something like FF instead of something actually new, i hope i'm wrong tho.
Fuckin awesome game. Where is the damn sequel?

Top Bottom