• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix files trademark for Parasite Eve in the UK

Shin

Banned
Square Enix trademarked “Parasite Eve in the United Kingdom the other day, following the same trademark that was filed in Europe back in November 2018.

Unlike Square Enix’s recent Mana series-related trademarks in the United States and Europe, the Parasite Eve trademark has only been registered in Europe and the United Kingdom in recent months.
Considering the first Parasite Eve never released in Europe, Square Enix could be planning a port or digital release via PS one Classics’ PAL region in the near future. That or a mobile port.

Parasite_Eve_Coverart_thumb.png

Credit: Siliconera

Virex

Banned
It was a travesty that PE1 never got released in PAL regions. My first introduction was with PE2. And it wasn't great but not bad. Only played PE1 for the 1st time on PS3 with a US account. PE1 was fantastic though. The 90's up to the PS3 was hard being a jrpg and japanese game fan if you lived in PAL territory.

NEVER FORGET:messenger_angry:

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Didn't even know it was never released in the EU until I read it in the article, yet I knew about the game and Aya:messenger_smirking:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Didn't even know it was never released in the EU until I read it in the article, yet I knew about the game and Aya:messenger_smirking:
😁
PE2 was released and their was coverage for the PE as well but it just didn't get a release.
I imported mine.
One can hope this is a Remake or a port but it's likely a Mobile port.

Shifty

I never played this back in the day, only caught up thanks to the Super Best Friends LP and boy does the body horror hold up.

Shit's fucked, man :messenger_fearful: I don't think any Resident Evil before RE2make ever made me want to look away from the screen, but Parasite Eve manages to do that in more or less every cutscene.

Do you reckon they'd be able to pull such things off in the HD era without getting a big ol' slap on the wrist from the ratings board?

E.T. Waifu

but I want a remake :((((( After this one I promise I'll shut up about remakes, BUT PLEASE DO ITTT. I want RE3 and CV too btw. Then I'll really shut up.

Shin

Banned
but I want a remake :((((( After this one I promise I'll shut up about remakes, BUT PLEASE DO ITTT. I want RE3 and CV too btw. Then I'll really shut up.
As do I and I think it's a perfect fit if you look at RE2 and the likes, Eve would do extremely well with upgraded graphics.

E.T. Waifu

As do I and I think it's a perfect fit if you look at RE2 and the likes, Eve would do extremely well with upgraded graphics.
YOU HAVE NO IDEA! It would be a huge success! Especially now that RE2 showed how good a survival horror can be. Plus with the whole strong female protagonist thing that's around right now, it would surely help it a lot!(don't get me wrong, I'm very okay with it.) And honestly, it'd be really weird for SE not to remake it considering they REEEALLY like to follow popular gaming trends. They said they took inspiration from COD to make FF13... lol

wvnative

Are they actually gonna port a PS1 game from 98? Or is Sony finally going to allow PS1 classic releases on PS4?

Geki-D

Banned
They did it in Europe some time back. Though it doesn't really change much to the fact that Square Enix no longer hold the rights to the Parasite Eve name. I'd assume they can re release the original game but they apparently can't make any new ones. Case in point: Third Birthday.

Iconoclasm

Neo Member
A remake like RE2 would be great and finally the series would have the appreciation it deserves.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
What's the story?
Nobody really seems to know. Apparently they just lost the rights and when the third game came round, the author refused to sell it back to them. Maybe they've managed to get their hands on it again? Doesn't seem too likely...

ROMhack

The series is so thoroughly camped in 90s Japanese horror/sci-fi that I can't see a new one working. Hopefully it's a remake/remaster.

I do love these types of games though. Dino Crisis is another of those weird-but-great cult PSX titles.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Not being funny but if they don't own or have the rights how can they register the name.
Especially in countries it never originally released.
Wouldn't they like in every other case involving this sort of stuff have to rename it.

Last edited:

shinkai

Please tell me Square is actually planning something for the series, because I need that JRPG survival horror in mah life!

GrayChild

Just the thought of the possibility for Square to release a new installment or a remake is making my heart race. Do it, Square!

KiteGr

Wasn't there another thread like this?

Regardless it's 21 years late. If the wait was a human, he would just now be legaly allowed to drink to forget he lost an arm and a leg in thr war 3 years ago.

Now bring Chrono Cross next.

Top Bottom