• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix fiscal year ended march 31, 2010 report

Pooya

capturei2cb.jpg

capture0vo5.jpg

capturebkhr.jpg

Headcount
March 2009
March 2010

source

miladesn said:
* Just Cause 2 – 0.92k units
* Dissidia: Final Fantasy – 0.82k units (Japanese LtD sales – 1.81 million units)
* Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep – 0.76k units
I think you misplaced the decimal on these

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
* Just Cause 2 – 0.92k units (as of April-end 1.19)
* Dissidia: Final Fantasy – 0.82k units (including Japanese LtD sales – 1.81 million units)
* Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep – 0.76k units

So...920, 820, and 760? Damn Square. You need to work on your advertising or something.

Culex

Banned
Scary how DQ IX sold nearly as much in Japan, on the just the DS as FF XIII sold in FOUR TERRITORIES ACROSS TWO SYSTEMS.

szaromir

Banned
SE had record sales in last year and expect decrease for the next year, though outside of Japan they expect growth. interesting.

Congrats Rocksteady!

I saw Hitman in their 'strengthen our own IP's' page.
I haven't seen Thief in the red circle. :( Hopefully still in development.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Fun fact, here's what Square Enix considers their biggest IPs.

67qng8.png

szaromir said:
SE had record sales in last year and expect decrease for the next year, though outside of Japan they expect growth. interesting.
Now in picture form since people don't follow links.

24g0psp.png

It would seem my theory about them banking on major Western titles next year is correct. If we assume the rumors are true, this year supposedly has Tomb Raider Reboot, Deus Ex 3, Kane & Lynch 2, and possibly Hitman 5 on the Western title front.

Baki

They overshipped by a little bit. That said, consider those FFXIII sales pretty much its LTD sales. :lol

EDIT: Not that bad, they have about ~600K on store shelves WW. They might be able to squeeze in a smaller 2nd shipment.

Aeana

InfiniteNine said:
So... when do we get Dragon Quest IX? From the sales it must be pretty amazing or terrible drivel everyone in Japan plays.
Rumors say July or so. We'll find out at E3 for certain, from Nintendo since they're publishing it.

Baki said:
They overshipped by a little bit. That said, consider those FFXIII sales pretty much its LTD sales. :lol

EDIT: Not that bad, they have about ~600K on store shelves WW. They might be able to squeeze in a smaller 2nd shipment.

Actually re-releases will get that number much higher.

In Japan FFX shipped 2.3 Million before its re-releases after which its total shipment was 3 Million.

FFXIII's re-releases won't perform that well but they should at least get 300K - 400K in sales over the duration of the next 5 years or so.

At this point they have outshipped FF9 (shipped 5.1 Million) & will outship FF12 by a large margin.

Spiegel

Baki said:

The game already had a 2nd shipment

First shipment was 5 million (3M NA/EU 2M A)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Darthdevidem01 said:
Actually re-releases will get that number much higher.

In Japan FFX shipped 2.3 Million before its re-releases after which its total shipment was 3 Million.

FFXIII's re-releases won't perform that well but they should at least get 300K - 400K in sales over the duration of the next 5 years or so.

At this point they have outshipped FF9 (shipped 5.1 Million) & will outship FF12 by a large margin.
While the re-releases will sell, you have to consider that they can (and most likely will) get current unsold copies returned, so it might cause their final shipments to not change dramatically.

I'm assuming this is what Baki is referring to.

Baki

Nirolak said:
While the re-releases will sell, you have to consider that they can (and most likely will) get current unsold copies returned, so it might cause their final shipments to not change dramatically.

Pretty much this.

Nirolak said:

Or retailers will cut price on copies like they have done in UK & the games sales went up 90% this week according to charttrack. ITs at £30 in UK now & sold out briefly on online websites.

In Japan famitsu has it at 1.82 Million sold I believe so its very close to the shipping numbers.

Honestly I think the problem with overshipping will be present in America because I hear they don't cut price on games there easily.

We won't really know

The game shipped 5 Million initially, people said it won't ever get much higher than that, now its at 5.5 Million shipped. Lets see.

szaromir

Banned
I can't wait to see Deus Ex 3 unveil at E3. I miss first person games like DE that blended genres so seamlessly. Hopefully the devs gave the game justice, reading interviews it sounds like they know what they are doing.

Suzzopher

So Final Fantasy XIV is not heading for 360 then :( I was hoping we could all play together.

Also S-E if you release Kingdom Hearts BBS as a download you'll get more sales.

Road

Suzzopher said:
So Final Fantasy XIV is not heading for 360 then :( I was hoping we could all play together.
It is not a "surprise" if they announce it on a random slide during a financial results presentation.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Thought FF13 was a pretty mediocre game, but as an RPG fan, I am hoping it succeeds somewhat. Just to prove there's some life left in the genre in the west... I hate how everything in the west seems to be squeezing into a few genres, leaving niche genres to die.

jcm

Lost Fragment said:
Surprised they consider PE as strong of a franchise as they do, considering the last game was for the PS1.

I thought they didn't actually own the PE IP, and that's why 3rd Birthday doesn't have a PE title.

Die Squirrel Die said:
They no longer have the publishing rights for the series, perhaps they are trying to sabotage sales of AA2.

Oh, I forgot about that. They're not sloppy proofreaders, they're evil geniuses.

I.WANT.MY.DRAGON.QUEST.VI

It has been over a YEAR since V released here (here being Europe) and this is getting ridiculous, even for a Square Enix game...

I don't care about IX.

Cornbread78

Se has a lot of work to do in their Next Gen. gaming dept. Very little out there, that are pure SE games.

They could go so many places with so many games and franchises, but they have not, and they seem pretty intent an working on the announced financials, rather than gamers in general. This is proof positive by their "Storage issues" that they incurred in FF13, as well as their "HD Towns are hard to make" crap. They pander too much to each console maker to make as much cash as possible....

Applaud them as a company by putting their sharholders first, They have every right to make as much money as possible through all the extra money pushed their way, but I'm a gamer and I care more about what they are doing for me, so tell me SE, what are you doing for ME today? What do we have to look forward to? Where are all the High End, Next gen games?

djtiesto said:
Thought FF13 was a pretty mediocre game, but as an RPG fan, I am hoping it succeeds somewhat. Just to prove there's some life left in the genre in the west... I hate how everything in the west seems to be squeezing into a few genres, leaving niche genres to die.

Yeah, the XBox effect. Shooter, shooter, shooter, action game, shooter, shooter, shooter, RPG, shooter, shooter, shooter..... Damn ADD society over here.

Acheteedo

3.24 million for Batman:AA :D well deserved. Now with Batman firmly established as a good video game brand, the sequel should sell much more.

At almost a million, JC2 is no slouch either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
catashtrophe said:
From the 5.55 million FF13 sales is there any idea on the PS3/360 split?

Well in Japan it was only released for PS3, so that's 1.85. In America, there was an 8:5 ratio month 1, so that's 1.16 for PS3, 0.73 for 360. Let's take a totally random guess and say Europe is a 2:1 ratio (more PS3 tilted than the US), and you've got 1.2 for PS3, 0.6 for 360.

So ~4.3 PS3 : ~1.3 360 or roughly 3:1.

Top Bottom