• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix gouging JP PC players of Tomb Raider : 30$ for JP language pack

Storm360

Game is still on Japanese Steam

Note the release date compared to hitman aswell.

(Tomb Raider has US release date, Hitman has the correct JP date)
VfbZWfS.png

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Would be cool if English dubs were optional DLC so those who don't want them can enjoy the Jap va.

Not the subs though.

1-D_FTW

How in the world can all these Japanese companies justify charging so much for stuff while the yen is so strong??

Tradition. I guess.

Gotta make up for the fact everybody buys their games and immediately resells upon completion. Gotta recoup the lost revenue.

Oh... wait... right.

I was literally crying (laughing) while reading this topic. It's so fucking believable it's funny. In the end it's still scummy. SE fucked up they should take the loss, not the consumers looking for a deal.

alright guys... let's be real.

If SE put that language pack on the US steam store too for $30, would you get it? I recall them got some popular VA to moan for this...

Just when I think this industry can't sink any lower.

It can get lower.

It makes me wonder how much money would a JPN game company could make if they decided to charge a premium for a laungue pack or a localization without an actual release.
What suckers they would be.

Hey Capcom I'll pay an extra $30 to get a localized Ace Attorney Investigations 2. How about Valkaryia Chronicles ?

Generation 8 folks. Backs are against walls here. Watch your wallets.

Alright place your bets.

Will game journalists as a whole:
1. Not cover this
2. Defend it
3. Say it's disgusting

Also, what's the TTE on this one? (Time To "Entitled")

It's a nuanced issue involving a Japanese publisher and directly affects Japanese gamers. We'll be lucky if one does and gets the facts right instead of bungling it with fantasy.

$30 for fucking language DLC that was originally in the game but patched out later?

ifZ7YPBuc0Jbt.gif

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand borrowed.

Top Bottom