• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Square Enix has filed for "HEAVENSWARD" trademark in Japan

Exentryk

Jun 21, 2012
twitter.com

http://www.gaforum.org/showpost.php?p=10974596&postcount=209

Lock if this is an old Tantasy

Mory Dunz

Jun 12, 2012
Heavensward??

Call my crazy, and this is a wildddd guess...

But something tells me you kill god in this game.
;)

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
Thank the heavens I wasn't drinking anything while reading that. I burst out laughing like a crazy person.

Sesha

Jan 28, 2013
That's the most mobile-y japanese title ever.

Edit: Should have read the rest of the thread, of course it's Heaven's Ward. Probably.

Marcel

Feb 16, 2012
my name is clod strafe soda 1st class and i shall cut u down my mighty baster sward

Azrael

Jun 11, 2004
Possibly the English title for the FFXIV expansion, Souten no Ishgard (Blue Skies of Ishgard).

ReaperXL7

May 23, 2011
FL USA
Pretty sure the current Rumor is that this is the possible name of FFXIVs first expansion.

http://gamerescape.com/2014/10/13/square-enix-trademarks-souten-no-ishgard/

With Ishgard in the expansion will also come new content that could possibly revolve around airships and dragons. Yoshida previously discussed during a live letter that if he had to decide between the sky and the sea to pick for the next expansion, he would choose sky. This makes us raise an eyebrow at another filed trademark, this one for “HEAVENSWARD”. If you think that heaven is located up above, in the sky, and that we can probably expect some kind of sky based content in the expansion, there could very well be a connection.

Pyrrhus

Mar 25, 2010
Possibly the English title for the FFXIV expansion, Souten no Ishgard (Blue Skies of Ishgard).

Yeah, I had the same thought. It sounds like the sort of neologism-clogged purple prose they favor with that game.