• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix has reportedly confirmed it’s ‘looking to sell stakes’ in its studios

So basically FF14 is carrying the entire company on its back while yoko taro makes card jrpg games (very fun).
If you miss Valkyrie Elysium, Tactics Ogre, Kingdom Hearts 4, FFVII Reborn, FFXVI, Dragon Quest, Crisis Core remake, Forspoken, etc yes. Only card games and the 2 Final Fantasy XIV entries among 27 are carrying them, lmao.

Last edited:
Why doesn’t Konami sell its IPs if it doesnt make them anymore?
They still use them, its just that not on video games:

Lee Min-Ho Dancing GIF by Apple TV+
Arcade Game GIF by Apple TV+

The fate of their IP's is this at second 22:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
35 years from now, ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo is on his death bed, surrounded by his children and grandchildren:

“All Square Enix had to do is make a AAA, mainline Final Fantasy with traditional turn based battles, and make it as good as the games I remember from when I was 12. I’ve been saying it all along. But they didn’t listen to me. I miss when they used to be Squaresoft. Their quality really went downhill after they merged with Enix…..”

*dies*

Last edited:
35 years from now, ChorizoPicozo ChorizoPicozo is on his death bed, surrounded by his children and grandchildren:

“All Square Enix had to do is make a AAA, mainline Final Fantasy with traditional turn based battles, and make it as good as the games I remember from when I was 12. I’ve been saying it all along. But they didn’t listen to me. I miss when they used to be Squaresoft. Their quality really went downhill after they merged with Enix…..”

*dies*
Almost but no quite.

All Square Enix had to do is to drop their bullshit and make good AAA games. (I don't care for turn base or not)

To this day Parasite Eve is one of the best written games. What did SE did:

WRz6GrO.jpg

Case closed drop mic.🤙 😎🤙

Shit after shit. If you look at this list and then see Square soft's track record you will see what I'm talking.

Square Enix totally mediocre, lack of vision milking franchises to oblivion. Big yikes all around.

You have a funny definition of shit.

Last edited:
As long as Sony doesn’t make them disband their CGI studio and gives them creative freedom, w/e. But it sucks for Square Enix to be tied to a very expensive console. I just want to see a Final Fantasy game sell gangbusters for once

Top Bottom