• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Holdings recruiting core staff for new console RPG studio, wants Unity xp

Nibel

isvYC2X.jpg

http://www.xn--rpg-l46fv4g868aqu6a.com/index.html

via Twitter

Mod Abuse:

This is a recruitment ad page. It isn't an announcement for fans. Which is pretty hilarious. They're looking to recruit core staff for the studio, so whatever they're making is probably centuries away.

The job postings are for: Battle Director, Event Director, Lead Planner, Battle Planners, Lead Programmer, Programmers, Marketing Director, Technical Artists, Lead Effects Designer, Lead Animator, Lead 3DCG Character Designer, Lead 3DCG Environment Designer, Lead Menu Designer.

As we can see, they clearly haven't started at all yet. Lol.
They're asking for experience working with Unity.

monome

good luck...hearkening back to (super) famicom's days is a bold statement.

go get Matsuno some real meaty work to do.

L~A

Square-Enix + new studio + RPG + console = does not compute.

Well, curious to see what they're going to come up with. Unfortunately, it will be a while before we see anything from that studio.

HeelPower

Oh, so FFXV is finally entering development.

Yup..This is essentially the reason for the delays.

but now that this studio is open, Development shall begin shortly!

Stay tuned for more info and wait while we assess the best occasion to release more about this title.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well, curious to see what they're going to come up with. Unfortunately, it will be a while before we see anything from that studio.
Well if none of your current staff can successfully ship one, maybe you can hire a new team that can.

Ha, first post.

I ... don't know what to think of this. S-E is famous for announcements that are worthless. At least it's not a mobile phone.

Bear_King

Neo Member
Anyone think this is in response to their bewilderment that Bravely Default did so well in the West?

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic, but would love to see more sprite based RPGs.

Rutti

SE taking steps to right direction.I hope something good comes out of this.

Do you guys think that the Bravely Defaults success had anything to do with this? edit: Bah too slow

I'd imagine considering how well the PS4 is selling, they wanna get on that shit asap.

That's why Persona 5 is getting a PS4 version, instead of just sticking to the PS3.

weekev

Banned
Yup..This is essentially the reason for the delays.

but now that this studio is open, Development shall begin shortly!

Stay tuned for more info and wait while we assess the best occasion to release more about this title.
We have decided it would be fitting for FFXV to be a launch title for the Sony PSXV
it would still miss the launch date

L~A

Well if none of your current staff can successfully ship one, maybe you can hire a new team that can.

Yeah, I'm simply surprised by this sudden (major) push towards console RPG, as they've been heavily investing towards mobile lately.

That's quite the interesting move, there.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, I'm simply surprised by this sudden (major) push towards console RPG, as they've been heavily investing towards mobile lately.

That's quite the interesting move, there.
Well, I mean, it's one new studio that they're presumably hoping can ship games efficiently by not being packed with the people who can't ship games.

It's not quite on the scale of buying another console publisher like Eidos or the failed Tecmo acquisition.

Top Bottom