• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Japan trademarks "STORMBLOOD"

Exentryk

Square Enix Japan has trademarked: STORMBLOOD
Google search didn't find any references, so guessing it's for something new?

Source: https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/777697226692976640

WtgNU1q.png

Menitta

Final Fantasy Stormblood! Finally the FF Platinum game we deserve!

Probably some mobile thing or FFXIV expansion.

Allard

Might be too early (last time the trademark came much closer to the announcement) but this sounds like the type of title for a FFXIV expansion, especially since there is some validity to it being a water based expansion.

What I want: A mobile spin-off game with Lightning, Cloud, Squall, and Tidus, where you fight monsters by making weather puns.

What it probably is: Not that.

BlueWord

Yeah, thinking this is definitely for FFXIV. All signs have pointed towards 4.0 taking us to Ala Mhigo, and considering that the patron deity of said nation-state is Rhalgr – who is associated with lightning in FFXIV lore – this trademark starts to make a lot of sense as a potential title for that expansion. That, and it matches the naming convention established with Heavensward.

Some Nobody

Just announced a mobile game so I'd place my money on an FFXIV expansion, or something wacky that's only tangential to gaming.

What it isn't, is a legitimate new IP for PC/consoles lol. Square feels full up on those.

batbeg

What I want: A mobile spin-off game with Lightning, Cloud, Squall, and Tidus, where you fight monsters by making weather puns.

What it probably is: Not that.

Storm Cloud! Lightning Storm! Storm Squall! Tidus Storm!

...I will buy your game as I am behind everything it stands for.

Top Bottom