• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix lists upcoming games, doesn't list Kingdom Hearts 3 as 2017

Interfectum

It's hard for me to even imagine FF7Remake ever being finished. I know we'll get the first part of the series. But, it seems so far off, I can't even wrap my head around when subsequent episodes will be done. If it's a trilogy, we are literally talking about the last game being a 2022 game, at best.

Just, fucking insanity.

Yup. The trilogy will be finished on hardware that isn't even out of initial design phases yet. CDPR's Cyberpunk could possibly beat Episode 1's release date and have more content than the entire FF7r trilogy combined. It's unbelievable how slow SE is and continues to be with these games.

random25

Ok but ignoring that, is there a reason I don't see project octopath travellers,l on this list? ( Unless it is there and I'm just so tired I can't​ even spot things I'm specifically looking for any more).

Just because it's nintendos exclusive? HD pipeline is such a terrible name

Maybe because it's not an "HD game."

But seriously, they probably just focused on their bigger projects for the slides.

LAA

Tbh wasn't really expecting 2017 to offer KH3 (Though it if did it'd only cement 2017 as one of the best years for gaming even more.)

That and as the comment above me says, fiscal year 2018. Even still I wouldn't expect KH3 for 2017, 2018 feels a safer bet at this point.

I mean, it's kinda obvious the game won't hit this year but I still believe it's possible to hit before the FY's end. Kingdom Hearts 3 still hasn't an officially release windows announced let alone release date.

Ok but ignoring that, is there a reason I don't see project octopath travellers,l on this list? ( Unless it is there and I'm just so tired I can't​ even spot things I'm specifically looking for any more).

Just because it's nintendos exclusive? HD pipeline is such a terrible name

I think this is just a sample and not completely comprehensive. Console Dissidia is missing too (not formally announced but we all know it's happening
right?
), so's the Seiken Densetsu collection.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yup. The trilogy will be finished on hardware that isn't even made yet or out of initial design phases yet. CDPR's Cyberpunk could possibly beat Episode 1's release date and have more content than the entire FF7r trilogy combined. It's unbelievable how slow SE is and continues to be with these games.

Kingdom Hearts is kind of baffling to me as well on the basis that it isn't even a regular RPG or an open world game that needs to be filled with 80 zillion tons of content.

Unless something has change dramatically, it presumably still has the gameplay structure of a PS2 licensed game.

With Final Fantasy XV, at least it was obvious what was taking a while after the reboot.

KHlover

Banned
Kind of expected after Nomura's interviews early this year. Perhaps someone posted the "new info this winter" image a full year too early lol.

I'll go into E3 without expecting a single new pic of KH3.

JayEH

Uhm it says fiscal year 2018... FY... So more than 7 months of 2017 available for launch.

Well it doesn't list release for 2017 like it does for DQ. The slides also says FY 2018 and beyond.

Kingdom Hearts is kind of baffling to me as well on the basis that it isn't even a regular RPG or an open world game that needs to be filled with 80 zillion tons of content.

Unless something has change dramatically, it presumably still has the gameplay structure of a PS2 licensed game.

At least it was obvious what was taking a while with Final Fantasy XV after the reboot.

From the little we've seen so far the worlds in KH3 are significantly bigger than anything they've done before.

sense

Does this mean dq11 releasing overseas in 2017 considering they announced a date for Japan and show a date for ff12 remaster?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
1.5 and 2.5 came out already this year along with 2.8

I'm sure we'll get a trailer and footage this year, but its not coming out until maybe next year definately

ah..
didn't know Roberto Ferrari was also doing chara-design for ff7 remake, I thought it was a one-time gig for ffxv..
glad that italians are going places every now and then :)
if you notice in the credits in ffxv, nomura is listed as original concept and chara design, whereas ferrari is listed under the chara design (supposedly the final versions??)..

LAA

At least it was obvious what was taking a while with Final Fantasy XV after the reboot.

Well, I believe this KH is more going for the whole world contained in one map, compared to a map being divided into areas like in the past, so that's the major change I imagine, as well as possibly tweaking visuals and etc. per world.

That said, KH games of the past were also still pretty long. KH1+ReCOM both took about 80 hours each to plat.

Umm5Lch.gif

How long will my soul have to wait for this gaaaaaaaame

Eylos

Banned

With Final Fantasy XV, at least it was obvious what was taking a while after the reboot.

They have license problems unlike ffxv, i remember Reading that each world and Disney character they want to use they have to talk with Disney and this take some time

i-Jest

If you thought it was coming this year or next, your setting yourself up for disappointment.

This is a Nomura magnum opus creation we're talking about.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider towards the end of the year?

Are we expecting Shadow of the Tomb Raider* this year? Seems a bit soon considering there was almost 3 years between TR2013 and RotTR.

FY2018 starts this year, y'all.

Sure, but I think the point is that there are games listed under 2017 (even if they don't have a specific date yet) and KH3 isn't among them, meaning S-E has no intention it'll be out this year.

*Also, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is such a terrible name.

Inuhanyou

KH3 has far bigger worlds and supposedly far more to do in the worlds than previous games. In the previous games each world was various rooms segmented by loading screens. This looks to be every world being completely open with a lot of vertical drops, highs and scale in general, in addition to far larger setpieces that take place in the world itself as opposed to a sealed off boss room(like we've seen with rocktitan)

Its definitely not the previous KH formula handhelds and console had.

Are we expecting Shadow of the Tomb Raider* this year? Seems a bit soon considering there was almost 3 years between TR2013 and RotTR.

Oh that's true. I forgot the reboot Tomb Raider came out a lot earlier in 2013 than I initially thought.

Point taken from someone above me that they may refrain from releasing SotTR in the middle of a bloodbath Q4 2017 season anyway after Rise went up against Fallout 4, so I suppose spring 2018 would be logical.

Falchion

I've been thinking at least 2018 since we've heard nothing for so long. I just hope we get some good info at E3.

Inuhanyou

Squeenix are really quite the idiots for giving FF7R to Nomura.

In what way? As if you assume that anyone else would be able to push out a giant game like this in less than 2 years time with the supposed scope they are putting into it.

Ignoring the part where a good director isnt going to rush a team to completion, CC2 knows what they are doing

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
KH3 has far bigger worlds and supposedly far more to do in the worlds than previous games. In the previous games each world was various rooms segmented by loading screens. This looks to be every world being completely open with a lot of vertical drops, highs and scale in general, in addition to far larger setpieces that take place in the world itself as opposed to a sealed off boss room(like we've seen with rocktitan)

Its definitely not the previous KH formula handhelds and console had.

Okay, that at least makes some more sense.

Kyzer

Banned
Knew it would be like this since the day it was announced so its okay. Honestly I thought 2017 would be the year FFXV actually came out

Top Bottom