• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix: No more social games in 2013, focusing on (mobile?) consumer games

I must say, it's kind of hilarious that so many people are believing a random GameFAQs poster (whose account was created yesterday!) just because he wrote something long, coherent, and plausible.

Almost as hilarious as believing a Kotaku article, except they're usually long, incoherent, and BS.

Persona86

Banned
2013 = Lightning Returns 13, Versus 13, year of the 13?

P.S my friend who is a time traveler said that Versus releases late 2013/early 2014 (depending where you live) and it is glorious! it will get a PS4 version at a later time too, he also said it's his favorite FF and luckily for us there will be a part 2. Good times ahead my friends.

Narolf

Banned
I'm generalizing more on what I saw a couple years ago on lamefaqs.

It was like a neverending hoard of angry Behemoth's.

The Versus fan's here are rather tame.

------------------

Type 0 for all platforms.

My bad then.

My Japanese language is rotten, but doesn't the line above simply translate to "2013 is the year big and popular consumer game titles will be continuously released by domestic [video game] makers"?

Mine must be worse than yours (can only read the katakanas, been four years since I stopped studying it) but yeah, they are talking about a change in direction. I would assume they are saying they intend to drop "social" games because there is already a big market for them.

Mandoric

Banned
By consumer games does he mean their home console/handheld division, or titles that are like their home console/handheld titles, but for mobile devices?

Because I have a really hard time believe they're not releasing anything else for mobile this year after everything else they've done.

Consumer = console, yes.

Narolf

Banned
2013 = Lightning Returns 13, Versus 13, year of the 13?

P.S my friend who is a time traveler said that Versus releases early late 2013/2014 (depending where you live) and it is glorious! it will get a PS4 version at a later time too, he also said it's his favorite FF and luckily for us there will be a part 2. Good times ahead my friends.

Mine told me timezones will no longer count at that point.

Shamdeo

Square Enix realizing there's no use in throwaway titles if the core brands they're based off of have been substantially damaged or forgotten.

Jarnet87

dont-believe-his-lies.jpg

Sinople

My Japanese language is rotten, but doesn't the line above simply translate to "2013 is the year big and popular consumer game titles will be continuously released by domestic [video game] makers"?

2013年というのは、実は国内メーカーからコンシューマーゲームの大作や有名作が続々リリースされる年です。作品を作り終えた有力クリエイターが次回作のプラットフォームの“ひとつ”としてスマゲを選び始めています。

Yes, he's not talking about SE alone. He's saying influential creators from various Jp firms will release their big (consumer = console or handheld) games this year one after the other and are now beginning to consider smartphones as a possible platform choice for their next projects.

Goli

Whatever happened to twewy2? Wasn't there a teaser of a new character at the end of the iOS game?

They need to get out TWEWY: Live Remix out first (which is coming soon, in fact pre-registration is now open for it) and then they'll start showing more about that new TWEWY game, probably.

Kovaelin

It's all talk until the game's delivered, I suppose. Crystal Defenders was a neat little tower defense in between their more "epic" titles, and I'm currently liking Lord of Arcana on PSP - so, I'm still holding onto hope that they'll continue to make whatever they want to. I just don't want to hear any more excuses or apologies like with the FFIX release.

Celestial

Banned
I cant believe we havent got yet Type-0.The ridiculous part is that the translation is already complete.Why they dont release in PSVITA anyway?It can be the first decent system seller for the system,with a price cut in US/EU and maybe a bundle.This is Sony's fault here too for not pushing in that direction.

I would be happy though with a PSN release for PS3/PSP/PSV.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
You guys have me cornered now.

We all have to be prepared. SE is almost done milking their Japanese IPs. It only makes sense now to unleash Eidos epicness into the world of cells and browsers.

Get ready for Deus Ex: Human Cell Revolution

Top Bottom