• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Opens Nier 10th Anniversary Website

Mista

Banned
logo_pc@2x.png

Square Enix just opened a "Nier 10th Anniversary" website

Nothing on it but the logo so far. Begging for a sequel starts.....now

H4ze

Give me a new entry, not a remake or remaster, Nier Gestalt is not that fucking old, cmon guys.
And it's not expensive either if you want to play it

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Nier Gestalt came out almost nine years ago and the only way to play it is if you own a PS3. They should at the very least port it to the PS4.

GrayChild

The original Nier wasn't that good even back then when it comes to its controls and combat system. They already have the story, setting, characters and the OST nailed down. Hopefully they'll go with a full blown remake that does them justice.

Spaceman292

Banned
The original Nier wasn't that good even back then when it comes to its controls and combat system. They already have the story, setting, characters and the OST nailed down. Hopefully they'll go with a full blown remake that does them justice.
I think everyone on earth would just prefer a new sequel rather than a remake.

Virex

Banned
I still have the NieR Gestalt platinum trophy flashbacks. If there is a remaster I will get it again and platinum it again and relive the rng and grinding nightmare.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Original Nier actually played well, it just was just a little rough around the edges visually, particularly the side-scrolling bits . It mainly suffered because it came out so close to FFXIII which was so visually pristine that it made most other games look just as janky back then.

I think I'd prefer a simple remaster over a remake because honestly I doubt the original localization for Nier could be topped.

Bigrx1

Banned
Remaster of the original Nier would be nice but don't need a complete remake, would much rather have a new entry in the series than that. Would be a huge disappointment to me actually if that's the big thing Taro has been working on and would be pretty shocked as well if it is.

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Nier as an experience was leagues beyond Automata. I enjoyed automata, but I never got invested in it quite like in Nier. I found the world and setting in Nier to much more interesting. I would love to get it playable on current gen, since I want to play it again, but if there's gonna be a sequel, I hope it's more in the spirit of the first game than the second.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Somehow The Last Remnant got greenlit for a remaster. Somehow Edge of Eternity / Resonance of Fate (different company, I know) got greenlit for a 4K remaster.

I'd believe anything at this point. Generation of dreams.

Fbh

Nice, hopefully there's some announcement and it's not just a celebration with some merch. As others I'd definitely prefer a new entry in the franchise instead of a remaster.
Though a PC port would be nice (specially so if I can buy it on GOG but I don't don't think Square supports it).

Last edited:

SALMORE

I would like to see a remaster of the original game with the option to play either the japanese version or the international one

wipeout364

I don’t think anybody is asking for anything more than the ability to play the first game on a modern console or PC. They should make it a big announcement with a port of the original and the sequel to automata.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If we get original NieR remaster, I hope they give us the option to play as brother MC.

Top Bottom