• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix partners with NTT Docomo to bring Dragon Quest X to smartphones

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Safer than FF fans have been, at least.

None expect Lightning to strike twice, much less three fucking times ;____; (FOUR including her infection of FFXIV)

Level 5 and Wonderflick devs can breathe a sigh of relief too in their little "ITS LIKE A DQ FOR MOBILE" bubble.

MMO Smartphone? They are really thirst.

I'm surprised they haven't announced a PS3/4/V port at this point.

Anyway, I'm glad it's not DQXI. :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm starting to accept that smartphones/portables are the future of Japan. I think everyone should start doing the same. They are simply being forced out of the console market on both sides of the pond.

mao2

I'm starting to accept that smartphones/portables are the future of Japan. I think everyone should start doing the same. They are simply being forced out of the console market on both sides of the pond.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind having future mainline Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games on smartphones as long as they're properly made and play like console games.

epmode

I honestly thought this was it for Dragon Quest. Not that it's not already dead in America.

Maybe we'll get some good news about DQ7 in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct.

MechaX

This is totally just a "Capcom Test" for DQXI.
Although, one would argue that a game does not ever really pass a Capcom Test.

Jarnet87

I don't know whether to laugh at the expected troll move, or just sit in silence. Enix has stooped to new lows even trolling their DQ fan base.

KiTA

Can an MMO even run on 4G? I imagine that would kill a smartphone battery in 30 minutes.

I believe it's streaming a screen from a remote server which is doing the heavy lifting. So this is going to have outrageous data requirements.

basik

Can an MMO even run on 4G? I imagine that would kill a smartphone battery in 30 minutes.

look at my above post and video for order & chaos...

that game kills my s3 battery in 2-3 hours on 4g and wifi if i'm not plugged into power.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Cloud gaming, on a mobile network... does Japan have data caps? Or is it over Wi-fi only?

Mobile networks in Japan, at least through DoCoMo go up to 7gb flat rate, and then per kb after that. I seriously doubt it's wi-fi only. I'm constantly disappointed with Japan's wi-fi penetration, and I live in a major city.

My buddy joked that since each Dragon Quest is usually reserved for the most popular platform at that time, that DQ11 would be iOS. I lol'd so hard in his face....

....now I can taste my own salty tears :(

Top Bottom