• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Square Enix preparing a patch to address RNG and music bugs in FFX HD on PS4

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Nov 28, 2007
Noblesville, IN
www.novacrystallis.com

Stone Ocean

May 27, 2013
Will they fix the trophy bug so you could get that penance trophy randomly by beating up fiends in the calm lands? But nice to see SE release patches for it. What were the music bugs though?
Shhh don't tell anyone

MY PENANCE KILL 18 HOURS IN WAS TOTES LEGIT ALL RIGHT

Birgitte2004

Dec 17, 2013
Meh. I still don't really see why this is such a big deal to some...I platinumed FFX on PS4 and not once did the RNG bug adversely affect my game.

The music thing is something I'm so used to on other games I didn't even notice until I was told it was happening.

Good on S-E for fixing it though.

Varshes

Sep 6, 2006
Will they fix the trophy bug so you could get that penance trophy randomly by beating up fiends in the calm lands? But nice to see SE release patches for it. What were the music bugs though?
IIRC, when loading back into the field from a battle, the music track would reset to the beginning instead of resuming from where it left off when the battle started.

Shin-Ra

Oct 10, 2013
Remasters (double remasters especially) shouldn't ship with these kinds of issues.

Son Of D

Sep 18, 2013
I'll be honest when I say that I never even noticed the glitches but it's good that they're patching it. Maybe people can stop acting like FFX PS4 is Bayonetta PS3 levels of bad.

Rymuth

Jun 8, 2014
Never picked up the game but I heard of this issue. Good on SEnix for patching this out.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
What did the RNG bug affect? Didn't notice it, platinumed the game..
Supposedly you would get the same encounters every time on replays. Battles would basically play out the same.

SirUltimos

Apr 10, 2012
That's certainly nice of them to announce it the day after I finish the game.

But it's better than leaving it unfixed, I suppose.

Seven Force

Banned
Aug 15, 2010
Wow, might actually get that PS4 version now. Didn't expect them to actually fix those issues.

What did the RNG bug affect? Didn't notice it, platinumed the game..
I believe any enemy drops were affected by the bug.

UberTag

Feb 17, 2011
Kitchener, ON
Will be buying this once the patch is out and confirmed to address these issues.
It'll truly be the definitive version of the game at that point.

Darrenf

Jan 13, 2015
Good news. I'll trade in my PS3 copy & get the PS4 version whenever I want to play the game again.

Worldshaker

Nov 6, 2014
Michigan
Will be buying this once the patch is out and confirmed to address these issues.
It'll truly be the definitive version of the game at that point.
Agreed. I held off on the PS4 release because of these issues, and once the patch is out (and works....) I'll jump on board and sell my PS3 version.

Shift Breaker

Jan 19, 2015
Well, it might be time to upgrade from the Vita to the proper console experience. I might actually get around to finishing FFX-2 this time as well.

The steelbook version is still on Amazon. Hmm...

Flandy

Oct 25, 2013
Any chance this is coming to PC within the next year or should I cave and get this version?

RexNovis

Banned
Sep 8, 2013
JAPAN
twitter.com
Fantastic news! I decided to hold off on purchasing it for PS4 until they fixed the RNG issue so I'll be picking this up once the patch comes through. Do we have any sort of ETA ok the patch? When should we expect it to be fixed?

Edit: NVM o see the op says timing details coming soon. Guess we have to wait.

Nattan

Jul 28, 2013
Finland
Finally. I had to buy the PS4 copy for the sexy steelbook. Maybe now I can fire it up after the patch.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Once this patch is released, is FFX PS4 now the definitive version of FFX?
I would say so. Others might not. Depends on what you like. An emulator can crank up the res and add some needed AA. I like the fact that fingers exist in spira now on the PS4 version. There are some definite texture upgrades. I guess that could be modded somehow with a lot of work.

Arkeband

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I would say so. Others might not. Depends on what you like. An emulator can crank up the res and add some needed AA. I like the fact that fingers exist in spira now on the PS4 version. There are some definite texture upgrades. I guess that could be modded somehow with a lot of work.
I think the biggest misstep in the remaster was not at least making half-decent looking NPC models, at LEAST for the minor side characters. Dona and Bartello, the trio of brother summoners... they look like Lego people next to the fully re-done main cast and impeccable Seymour. It's jarring.

Wildschwein

Mar 14, 2014
That's fantastic news. I was on the verge of cracking and just dealing with the bugs, but knowing a fix is coming is fantastic.

RPGCrazied

Oct 14, 2007
Interesting, figured they would have let it pass. There were several audio bugs in KH 1.5 ReMix that never got patched.