• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix registers FFVII PC domain, bonus evidence suggests achievements, $9.99

Pooya

Update:

site went up for a bit and google cached
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-21-final-fantasy-7-coming-to-steam-leak-suggests

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://dev.finalfantasyviipc.com/en

Enjoy the RPG classic FINAL FANTASY VII for PC, now with a host of new online features

Achievements
Whether you’re a seasoned FINAL FANTASY VII veteran or exploring this RPG classic for the very first time, show off your in-game accomplishments and put your gaming skills to the test with 36 brand new achievements to unlock. Share your profile with friends online to find out who is the ultimate FINAL FANTASY fan.

Character Booster
Find yourself stuck on a difficult section or lacking the funds to buy that vital Phoenix Down? With the Character Booster you can increase your HP, MP and Gil levels to their maximum, all with the simple click of a button, leaving you to enjoy your adventure.

Cloud Saves
Whether you’re away from home or simply using a different computer to play, enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII wherever you are. With cloud save support in FINAL FANTASY VII you can continue your game progress right where you left off, all you need is an internet connection.

Saty said:
1iOvl.png

site is now up with a login prompt.

finalfantasyviipc.com

-------------------------------
http://whois.domaintools.com/finalfantasyviipc.com

what, FF7 remake confirmed.

They were trying to put the game on steam a while back, maybe something is happening.

credits to fusible.com for finding this, their site doesn't load for me for some reason :s

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They're finally considering releasing the digital versions of FFVII and FFVIII that showed up in Steam's content registry many moons ago?

This should be interesting... can't wait to see what comes of it.

If the PC got some mainline FF love these days, that'd be cool. And by "these days" I don't mean the ancient FFVII/FFVIII Eidos games.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's the remake's name.
Final Fantasy VII: Portrait of Chaos.

XD

Tizoc

Would be interesting if the games can be modded, would be interesting to see how the ye olde models would look like with some tweaking.

linkboy

FFVII: Personalis Crystallis.

I haven't played FFVII since losing Disc 3 of my PSX copy years ago, so it'd be good to have a digital version (PSN is out of the question as I run CFW).

Can't you download it through Media Go and then transfer it over via a PSP. That's one way around it.

spats

Would be interesting if the games can be modded, would be interesting to see how the ye olde models would look like with some tweaking.

It's already been modded to hell and back, using the battle character models during normal gameplay, playing as Sephiroth etc etc.

McNum

Ooh, will we get a FF7 rerelease on PC that does not require you to mod it severely to get it to run properly? A frame limiter on the minigames would be a good start. Even if it's amusing to see the motorcycle chase done in 5 seconds.

To be honest, if we get a properly patched up to run on modern PCs version of the game on Steam, I'd probably get it. It's almost more trouble than it's worth to get the old CD one to work these days. It wants a 200 MHz Pentium with a Voodoo2 graphics card and a Sound Blaster AWE64 sound card with 4MB RAM for soundfonts. It'll run perfectly on that. Anything else? Good luck with that.

Tizoc

^BAH GOD, I MUST SEE THAT IN ACTION!

It's already been modded to hell and back, using the battle character models during normal gameplay, playing as Sephiroth etc etc.

Mhmm interesting, but any images or vids of the game+visual mods?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
It would be nice if they did. I'd buy it. Maybe we could show them there is an audience for FF on PC! (in my dreams)

Sblargh

Banned
It would actually be very good if they re-released the PC version without the 10 million bugs it has and proper support for Windows XP onward.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Either they finally got the issues worked out with the Steam version or, more likely, they're just domain protecting.

Top Bottom