• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix Renews Final Fantasy Versus XIII Trademark

Magnus said:
It's also reoccurring to me now how much I don't like the name. What is it supposed to mean? It's only a fraction as nonsensical as the title of the second Dissidia game, but it still doesn't make sense.

I remember reading something that there is a single goddess shared between both game worlds. In the world of XIII she is seen as a goddess of life and in the world of Versus she is seen as a goddess of death.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
StuBurns said:
Versus means 'in opposition to', Versus XIII is in opposition to XIII.
So it's bound to be good!

From the makers of FINAL FANTASY XIII, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, and FINAL FANTASY XIII-3, comes the game for people who never asked for the aforementioned games!

Beth Cyra

hateradio said:
So it's bound to be good!

From the makers of FINAL FANTASY XIII, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2, and FINAL FANTASY XIII-3, comes the game people who never asked for the aforementioned games!
This shit is so annoying.

Yes XIII wasn't recieved that great, but it does have it's fans and there are people who want a sequel and this no body stuff is fucking old.

SE should just send out what they have to fans and let them code and develop the rest. It'd be faster (hopefully) and it would actually see the light of day.

Aru

TruePrime said:
This shit is so annoying.

Yes XIII wasn't recieved that great, but it does have it's fans and there are people who want a sequel and this no body stuff is fucking old.

This.

FFXIII defense force, time to assemble.

spats

Kaako said:
I wonder how the game looks now.

Like FF7. They turned all the backgrounds into static low res prerendered backgrounds and all the characters are 200-polygon gouraud shaded models. SE is going to try a retro revival in hopes of reigniting their sales.

thetechkid

Tawney Bomb said:
SE should just send out what they have to fans and let them code and develop the rest. It'd be faster (hopefully) and it would actually see the light of day.

Pull a reverse Capcom, flawless victory!

Gravijah

spats said:
Like FF7. They turned all the backgrounds into static low res prerendered backgrounds and all the characters are 200-polygon gouraud shaded models. SE is going to try a retro revival in hopes of reigniting their sales.

I would actually love that. But who am I? Just a miserable electric rodent.

Top Bottom