• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Reportedly Co-Developing a Final Fantasy 9 Animated Series

killatopak

Gold Member
A Final Fantasy 9 animated series is currently under development, Kidscreen reports. It will reportedly be co-developed with Square Enix by French studio Cyber Group Studios, with Cyber Group also handling distribution, licensing, and merchandise.
Episode count and length have not been finalized, Cyber Group Studios CEO Pierre Sissmann says in the report. However, it will be in production by the end of 2021 or the beginning of 2022, and will reportedly be aimed toward children between the ages of eight and 13. According to the report, Cyber Group Studios is currently putting the final touches on the series bible and is getting ready to pitch it to broadcasters.

https://sea.ign.com/final-fantasy-i...-developing-a-final-fantasy-9-animated-series

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Square needs to put their efforts in THE game and then venture out to other forms of media like Capcom and Ubisoft. They already messed a lot of FFXV with this level of mindset. Their Guardians of the Galaxy isn't particularly appealing to many people. And after Avengers lukewarm to horrible reception one may say Square Enix is in CHAOS.

How does Square Enix have all this money still? I feel like they've spent like hundreds of millions of dollars on the dumbest shit possible. Give us a nice remake of 8 and 9 or something. No 8-13 year old is gonna be begging their mum to watch the newest episode of Final Fantasy.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Cutty Flam Cutty Flam Get ITT!!!!!

About time the universe of IX got revisited.
There was like 60 great characters in FFIX, the entire cast of NPCs was amazing. I probably talked to everyone like half a dozen times throughout the course of the game. Characters like Eiko, Quina, Zidane, Baku, Blank, Quina are going to be perfect for an animated series, I think it comes down to hiring talented voice actors really, the content of the game itself will take care of the series, easily
Give us a nice remake of 8 and 9 or something
A properly done remake of FFIX could potentially be the GOAT video game tbh

Pejo

Modern SE can't do anything good. This is going to suck like the last 20 things they've made. Don't get me wrong, I like some of the products they make, but they do indeed still suck.

It's funny to see SE constantly leaning on nostalgia and past games that fans love, but they REFUSE to make a classic style FF game for any of the fans. Nope, you'll get your Devil May Fantasy, and your World of Final Fantasy and 300 gacha games, but not a single mid-budget ATB final fantasy.

In short, fuck SE and especially Nomura.

K2D

Banned
I'm all for this. Put it up on Netflix as well. Then do a proper remaster. FFIX is an all time favorite, and the more people that get to experience it the better.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I never play this final fantasy... Its time to do it.

But I want see Beatrix and Garnet

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
It's quality will entirwly depend on whether or not they use the original score (rerecorded would be a given cause licenses and rights yadda yadda) or not.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This probably makes the most sense for this type of project barring Vana'diel or Eorzea. Then again, the last jump into mainstream FFIX got was an HD Remaster years ago, so it's riding a lot on nostalgia hits instead of brand recognition. I'm honestly surprised that wasn't given to FFVII. I'm glad, but surprised.

Top Bottom