• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Square Enix Store Anniversary Sale

GWX

Jan 19, 2009
Imported Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy CC with Music CD. Cheaper than Canadian eShop, even with international shipment (to Brazil). Loved the first one, stoked to play the sequel!

Jul 3, 2013
New Jersey
It's just not worth it this time around. Last time, I only missed out on Tactics A2 (which I ended up getting as a gift) and DQ4 so I'd be paying $28 in total, which is pretty much the eBay price for it.

Oct 31, 2015
Time to finally get FFX/X-2 HD on PS4, condition 1 was getting patched which I heard they did a while back, and condition 2 was $20 or less price tag!

Also gonna grab VII and VIII on Steam for those prices, because I've been meaning to play through those games again forever and the cheat engine stuff will make playing through for just the story a pretty nice joyride. Hope IX comes out pretty soon, been tempted to grab it on my Nexus 6P but think I'll hold out a little longer for PC.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Jul 14, 2009
Does 13-2 come with a steam key on PC?
I'm pretty sure Steam is the only platform it's available on, so buying it should get you a Steam key.

That's not a great price for XIII-2 though, it's been cheaper before and probably will be during another sale. I got it for $6 in November, FWIW.

dci260

Sep 30, 2014
I bought a shit ton from them just now, pretty good prices all around (especially on the DS games). I didn't see any option for "free shipping" even though my order was over $100, however, I did get Super Saver shipping for 0.99 if that's what you mean...

BroodShadow

Feb 22, 2015
Yes all PC download games on their site are steam keys given to you in an email.
I'm pretty sure Steam is the only platform it's available on, so buying it should get you a Steam key.

That's not a great price for XIII-2 though, it's been cheaper before and probably will be during another sale. I got it for $6 in November, FWIW.
Alright thanks for the heads up guys I'm not worried about the 4$,I have been meaning to play it for a while but just recently I have gotten enough out of the way my backlog that I have time.

Spiritwalker

Dec 11, 2014
I wanted to buy some OSTs earlier this week, but the shipping/packaging fee is absolutely insane.

Thankfully CDJapan was much cheaper so I went with that instead.

Boogiepop

Dec 9, 2009
Grabbed the PS3 KH Collections because why not, I guess I may want to tackle those eventually so they're nice to have and I can justify the price. Of course Crisis Core disappeared when I was dealing with having to remake an account, though, and no Re:Coded this time around, which I also missed last time. :(

Qwark

Apr 22, 2014
Are they really selling Playstation 1 games? For $7.50-$10?

... is this real life?
Are you upset or impressed with that? $8 is a hell of a deal on new physical PS1 games, I really can't see physical prices lower than that.

chaos789

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
Guess I'll grab Nier. Wish I could find some free shipping codes though. Is Nier really worth the $17.98 asking price with shipping? I have never played it but read people rave about it here.

Stormhammer

Feb 19, 2014
Looks like Chrono Trigger got removed from the sale. I had it in my cart and it disappeared when I loaded my cart for payment. Can't find it on the page anymore either. Ah well..

Picked up Theatrhythm: Curtain Call LE and Chrono Cross :3

Sep 28, 2012
DQ IV
FF Type-0
Nier

All stuff I've played before but either on other systems or sold off a while ago and needed to be rebought.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Jul 11, 2011

Got the stuff I missed on their last sale!
Oh... I didn't realize the lanyard was supposed to show up in the order. Now I know that it was supposed to be $20 BEFORE shipping. My order came out to $9.99 x 2 + shipping.

Oh well not a big deal; more funny than anything!

TheShampion

Mar 12, 2009
I got DQV, despite already owning the Japanese version. I haven't played it so long that I figure playing it in English will make it worth starting from the beginning.

I got FFXIII-3 mostly for my collection's sake. Now I can not play all three! Hooray!

Is Final Fantasy IV (DS) worth $10? What about Tomb Raider (PS4) for $15?
I say yes to both. FFIV is a polished remix of the original, and Tomb Raider was fun, though you can probably get it for less later on.

tav7623

Feb 15, 2013
NC
Ended up picking up Final Fantasy XII for PS2 and The World Ends With You as I had missed out on them during the Black Friday sale. The only thing that sucks is that they didn't restock the Parasite Eve soundtrack which was sold out during the BF sale.