• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix TGS report

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Himuro said:
Actually, they did release a few games between X and X-2. Kingdom Hearts? Front Mission 3 did come before X-2, right?
Most people wouldn't say that X-2 was "amazing" either, and Kingdom Hearts came out in between them, yes.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Kagari said:
I don't see '2009' on those new AgitoXIII scans, 1UP LIES.
To be expected, sadly. :( I really wish it would see a release next year, but considering Birth by Sleep will be probably coming in the second half of 2009 I highly doubt they would release two big PSP games so close to each other (and no way Agito will be released in the first half).

Oldschool said:
No, there wasn't. I was just begging for 3rd birthday info and screens, instead of this fffxiii and kh ****. :D

then I hope they keep up this trend...partly for my own interest, partly to make you a sad panda

I'm definitely looking forward to the handheld Kingdom Hearts games, and I'll probably check out The Third Birthday. I'm hoping to pick up a PSP before Birth by Sleep and 3rd Birthday are released. I really hope the DS game will turn out well.

StuBurns

Banned
RadioHeadAche said:
I'm definitely looking forward to the handheld Kingdom Hearts games, and I'll probably check out The Third Birthday. I'm hoping to pick up a PSP before Birth by Sleep and 3rd Birthday are released. I really hope the DS game will turn out well.
You should check out the comparison thread between the PSP-2000/3000. You might want to pick up a PSP-2000 before the 3000 is ubiquitous.

stuburns said:
You should check out the comparison thread between the PSP-2000/3000. You might want to pick up a PSP-2000 before the 3000 is ubiquitous.

Such as the Daxter bundle? I saw a comparison of the screen and it wasn't pretty. The only problem is that I'm not looking for a PSP right now since I'm trying to get a PS3. I guess I'll have to track down used PSP-2000s or wait a year or so for another PSP.

StuBurns

Banned
RadioHeadAche said:
Such as the Daxter bundle? I saw a comparison of the screen and it wasn't pretty. The only problem is that I'm not looking for a PSP right now since I'm trying to get a PS3. I guess I'll have to track down used PSP-2000s or wait a year or so for another PSP.
Yeah, for all we know the PSP-4000 isn't so long away. And I doubt the 2000 would be hard to find used when you want to pick one up.

stuburns said:
Yeah, for all we know the PSP-4000 isn't so long away. And I doubt the 2000 would be hard to find used when you want to pick one up.

It's a good thing there's an abundance of Square-Enix games. I think I might wait a little longer, but it really depends on my financial situation.

StuBurns

Banned
RadioHeadAche said:
It's a good thing there's an abundance of Square-Enix games. I think I might wait a little longer, but it really depends on my financial situation.
Well, for fear of being mocked, if it wasn't for Nomura's upcoming PSP games, I wouldn't have one anymore.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
stuburns said:
Well, for fear of being mocked, if it wasn't for Nomura's upcoming PSP games, I wouldn't have one anymore.

its because of nomura's games that i bought a psp :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlazingDarkness said:
this page of the thread went lame
let's get back to being amazed by the VersusXIII scans!

They really do look amazing. Best character model graphics so far this generation, IMO. Even looks better than MGS4s :X.

Kagari said:
They really do look amazing. Best character model graphics so far this generation, IMO. Even looks better than MGS4s :X.

On games released MGS4 has the best overall character models, but got to give the not to crysis for detail... regardless, Im expecting these two to top both when we see them in motion

-Kh-

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
On games released MGS4 has the best overall character models, but got to give the not to crysis for detail... regardless, Im expecting these two to top both when we see them in motion

Cannot quite compare Crysis to MGS4 and FFXIII you know :p

Jijidasu

Not posting this in a new thread for obvious reasons.

This weeks Gemaga has an interview with Nomura, he mentions that before the end of the year we'll see the battle scene in FF13, blu-ray is a bonus and because of that uploading to the blu-ray discs is faster. Also, they have no immediate plans to release information on the voice acting cast.

FF Agito - The current battle interface is temporary. Shown in the latest pictures is 3 people in a party but as production moves along it will become more.

Versus - "The Goddess Etro" which was spoken of in the dialogue between Noctis and Stella is not the goddess shown in the painting drawn by Amano.

Autumn Thread said:
This weeks Gemaga has an interview with Nomura, he mentions that before the end of the year we'll see the battle scene in FF13, blu-ray is a bonus and because of that uploading to the blu-ray discs is faster. Also, they have no immediate plans to release information on the voice acting cast.

YESSSS I want to know more about the gameplay NOW please.

zoukka

Just saw the new images of Versus and I know I'm not buying it on anytime near launch. I think characters that bland and generic looking would need a very strong and confident writer...

Then again XIII suffers from same problems. They just have all kind of shit hanging from their clothes :lol

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Autumn Thread said:
FF Agito - The current battle interface is temporary. Shown in the latest pictures is 3 people in a party but as production moves along it will become more.
More than 3? I wonder how many will fit in a single party in the final game.

Hunahan

Banned
Autumn Thread said:
he mentions that before the end of the year we'll see the battle scene in FF13,
About time, dudes. Geez.

Automn Thread said:
blu-ray is a bonus and because of that uploading to the blu-ray discs is faster.

Wait....uploading to the blu-ray discs? You mean, like, during manufacturing or something? I don't get what this is supposed to be saying.

Automn Thread said:
Translation: "those screens are totally just leftovers from the cell-phone development. We'll send out some real screens whenever we actually start making this game."

Just a hunch.

-Kh- said:
Cannot quite compare Crysis to MGS4 and FFXIII you know :p

I can compare it to MGS4 actually...since Ive played both... crysis on warhead on very good settings... I'm just talking about character models by the way...

Autumn Thread said:
he mentions that before the end of the year we'll see the battle scene in FF13.

*grumble* should have seen it a year and a half ago. 2 and a half years from unveil until we even see a real-time battle scene... jesus... or in the words of okrim "Gesus Christ!"

Defuser

I'll bet end of the year,we will see nothing and they never released at all. Somebody should do a Square Enix cycle pic.

duckroll

Hunahan said:
Translation: "those screens are totally just leftovers from the cell-phone development. We'll send out some real screens whenever we actually start making this game."

Just a hunch.

That's bullshit. It looks nothing like the cellphone trailer's interface. That has already been established? Did you know that Dissidia and KH BbS both had placeholder interfaces when first shown in the debut trailers and completely changed in interface when they had their first playable demo build? It seems to be a pretty normal development process for S-E.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
stuburns said:
Are you insane? X-2 was awesome. It might have been a little too 'pop culture', but the gameplay was rock solid, and I thought the character development was the strongest of the three last gen FFs. Massively underrated.

Best ATB FF ever in terms of gameplay, but plz, the story and characters were utter fanwankery. And let not get into the dialogue.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Autumn Thread said:
Not posting this in a new thread for obvious reasons.

Versus - "The Goddess Etro" which was spoken of in the dialogue between Noctis and Stella is not the goddess shown in the painting drawn by Amano.

Hmm.

-Kh-

Banned
HK-47 said:
Dont know why you cant.

Maybe because they don't run on the same hardware? Because both are designed to meet certain requirements which for the case of Crysis are so much higher allowing the developers more room to create better models, with more polys, with better textures, lighting, effects, etc?

Why is it that hard for so many people to understand that?

Apples and Oranges...

Compare MGS4 models to FFXIII models, that's all fine and well, both are PS3 games, etc.

And you like your increasing your post count posting several times in a row instead of quoting everyone in the same post ,don't you?

Autumn Thread said:
This weeks Gemaga has an interview with Nomura, he mentions that before the end of the year we'll see the battle scene in FF13

Best news of the week!

I wonder if they are going to show some gameplay trailer in a new Closed Mega Theater.. maybe around December 21 in the Jump Festa...?

Hope I'm wrong, or we won't see anything unless there's some brave soul with a sneaky phone-cam :(

Top Bottom