• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to present live Final Fantasy XV stage demo at Gamescom 2015

Burbeting

Banned
I think at most they'll show "2016" at their trailera in gamescom. Or they might even save it for tgs.

I'm pretty sure they are aiming for ww release, which is why I think it will be late 2016 everywhere. If it was spring 16, they would have had a presence at this e3. But that's just me being a pessimistic.

Fall 2016 I suspect; it'll be a simultaneous worldwide release going by Tabata's comments — I'm just so excited to see more of the FFXV world and other gameplay mechanics, such as magic.

Go_Ly_Dow

I suppose changes to the battle system is what excites me the most.

1.0>2.0 was a great improvements even if its still in a barebones state.

More terrain interaction and interesting teleport additions please.

does anyone know if there will be a livestream of the stage demo and stuff? I can't remember if there are streams in the US for gamescom at all, and for this event even. Any info would be awesome since I would love to watch it as it happens

Fall 2016 I suspect; it'll be a simultaneous worldwide release going by Tabata's comments — I'm just so excited to see more of the FFXV world and other gameplay mechanics, such as magic.

I feel like super late spring, right before E3 2016 is when it will be released. I can't see it being at E3 3 years after it is re-revealed. But it is SE. E3 2016 could be the final marketing push but at that point I would feel it would be too much with gamescom, then TGS then jump festa then the pax conferences in early spring would be plenty of coverage, plus probably an IGN first or something as well

does anyone know if there will be a livestream of the stage demo and stuff? I can't remember if there are streams in the US for gamescom at all, and for this event even. Any info would be awesome since I would love to watch it as it happens

I'm pretty sure they're treating this as an ATR, so they'll probably stream it in the SEPresents channel, or the Japanese channel (at least the FFXV stuff).

Reaperssj

I still can't get over how amazing Ramuh looks. How are the FFVII team going to surpass that?

I can't handle the hype. Summons are one of my favorite elements in Final Fantasy!

Yeah can you imagine bahamut in this or if they use FFVII knights of the round done in a way where you trigger the attacks much how noctis switches weapons during the summoning you switch between knights

I'm pretty sure they're treating this as an ATR, so they'll probably stream it in the SEPresents channel, or the Japanese channel (at least the FFXV stuff).

thought I heard they were doing an ATR but I thought it was separate as maybe a follow up to answer questions or to give more information. But that would be awesome if SEPresents does a livestream. makes it easy

thought I heard they were doing an ATR but I thought it was separate as maybe a follow up to answer questions or to give more information. But that would be awesome if SEPresents does a livestream. makes it easy

Hopefully they have a translator live too =P

But yeah, at least last year when they did an ATR at the same day as Jump Festa, it was at Jump Festa itself (with the crowd and everything).

Anyway, I doubt we won't be able to see it live, one way or another.

oimori

I bet that XV will be released in March 2016.
After each demo version released, all main-line FFs had been released within 1 year.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm fine with everything that happened with the weird ending, FFXIII-2 fucked everything up anyway, but that outfit is one of the laziest redesigns I've ever seen, what the fuck are those ugly ass heels? who wears stuff like that?

Wow, there were plenty of things wrong with the XIII trilogy, but this is the absolute nit-pickiest thing possible.
I'm just seeing some pretty normal, contemporary women's heels.

HMD

Wow, there were plenty of things wrong with the XIII trilogy, but this is the absolute nit-pickiest thing possible.
I'm just seeing some pretty normal, contemporary women's heels.

Look I do acknowledge that it's a silly thing to complain about, but I just hate that outfit, it doesn't work with lightning.

Go_Ly_Dow

I bet that XV will be released in March 2016.
After each demo version released, all main-line FFs had been released within 1 year.

Little chance. This is a more complex title to develop than every other FF's.

Also the reason it skipped E32015 is so E32016 is its last E3.

Sesto

Banned
I don't think Japan and Western release date will be much appart because they are voiceacting and translating as th e development goes on

Top Bottom