• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix to present live Final Fantasy XV stage demo at Gamescom 2015

Jigolo

Surprised to see no thread about this. I wonder what they'll show....... HYPE

Square Enix will be having a staged demo for Final Fantasy XV at Gamescom 2015 on August 8th. This information comes from Youtuber NinotakuTV who will be playing the demo live on Square Enix’s stage.

No other details on the live staged demo was revealed, but Square Enix is expected to start up the game’s official marketing push during the show along with a new Active Time Report, new information and hopefully some news on when we can get our hands on it in 2016.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2015/...final-fantasy-xv-stage-demo-at-gamescom-2015/

I'd be more excited if we didn't already have a demo that we can currently play in our homes right now. This seems backwards somehow.

Well if Square's marketing is any indication, Duscae is the only section of the game that exists in a playable form. Please be excited to watch Episode Duscae 3.0 be played live on stage. ;)

I am going to laugh my ass off if the stage demo is still in Duscae.

I mean, I'm pretty sure they've said they'll be moving past that location for promotion from Gamescom onwards, but still. I'd laugh.

paolo11

This should be released next year. Please, Square Enix.

In any case, FFXV news is good news for me. I am digging that game.

SOLDIER

All I want is to see a female character do something cool.

Not sitting around clutching a pendant.

Not bending over seductively while certain people insist she's just an outdoors type.

Rpgmonkey

Hopefully magic is ready to show off. Interested in seeing how it's supposed to look and function alongside the other combat mechanics.

MrBS

Be sure to pack that demo in with FFXII HD!

:(

I need to go back and play demo 2.0 at some time as well.

sensui-tomo

All I want is to see a female character do something cool.

Not sitting around clutching a pendant.

Not bending over seductively while certain people insist she's just an outdoors type.

want to see one
Running away from a city being destroyed and look war torn Or see a female Eidolin(however you spell it)
?

Is this news? Did they show 'gameplay' before? Or was nothing even live before?

Announced in 2006 and still a circus. This is some Duke Nukem level wait-shit.

Well this will be the first live gameplay post-Duscae which should mean a more complete battle system, different area and also there will be an info dump and the marketing for the full game will truly begin

DNAbro

Is this news? Didn't they show 'gameplay' before? Or was nothing even live before?

Announced in 2006 and still a circus. This is some Duke Nukem level wait-shit.

there is a demo out. They've just been showing that content for almost a year and we want something new.

Damn all these final fantasy hype(or squenix hype in general) should I buy type 0 to get on that demo? But I'm not even sure I had time to play, I'm already full with witcher and batman as it is.

DNAbro

Damn all these final fantasy hype(or squenix hype in general) should I buy type 0 to get on that demo? But I'm not even sure I had time to play, I'm already full with witcher and batman as it is.

If you can find it Type-0 for around $40 with the demo i would recommend it. FFXV is great but Type-0 not so much. It has good gameplay but the story is quite possibly the biggest train wreck I have ever seen in a game.

If you don't intend to play Final Fantasy Type 0 it may not be worth your money. The demo is not long though, and I don't think it would effect your playing time of the other games at all.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Youtuber NinotakuTV who will be playing the demo live on Square Enix’s stage

This is kinda random.

Maybe in the future we'll probably see something like this:

NeoGAF user ULTROS! who will be playing the demo of FFXVI live on Square Enix’s stage[

I think it's extremely likely that we will see this in 2016. Tabata's claim that we "wouldn't have to wait too long" between the demo and the full game, the full marketing push starting in a month...no way this game is not at least intended for 2016, although who knows if a last minute delay will happen.

My belief is that this will be a late fall, early winter release (September through November), but a tiny, little unrealistic part of me hopes we see it in the spring...like May'ish.

What? That sounds random lol.

that's what I was thinking, but if this is true then I guess we might be seeing the start of the final stretch of marketing toward the game's release sometime in (late) 2016. Hopefully more areas will be shown off leading up to release, but not all of them and not too much of each area. I don't want the saturation we got with Duscae.

Live demo thought, eh? That's pretty cool.

Elios83

I'd like to see something like the E3 2013 trailer as a demo, something with a big city as a set piece and....the magic system....and release date!!!Lol :p

firelogic

So in the forest area you camp to get your XP. I assume you hit up a hotel or something in metropolitan areas? Be funny if you still had to bust out a tent and setup on the sidewalk.

I guess they couldn't afford pewdiepie

I mean, should I know who NinotakuTV is?

It's some german Youtuber. Not sure how well known he is in germany but I never heard of him. 200k subs apparently
Tried to watch some of his stuff but couldn't make it through a single video

Top Bottom