Square Enix trademarked Deus Ex: Human Defiance [The film]

Zoramon089

Banned
Jul 27, 2006
Why is this even happening...The game will be almost 2 years old if it's actually released on the WiiU. Surely they could have spent their money porting something more recent and not sure to bomb

Volotaire

Oct 23, 2012
Either

port for Wii U and some exclusive content

new game that is starting development as Theif 4 comes to a close

corn_fest

Dec 15, 2008
Sounds like a sequel to me. I can't see them dropping the original subtitle for the Wii U version.

DaBoss

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto
Fail misread.

Edit: Probably is a new game. I don't see why a port would change the name by replacing a word. They usually add something to the title.

Mushroomer25

Jan 5, 2012
twitter.com
If it's just a Wii U port, I'd be slightly confused. First, why change the title? You're just going to confuse an audience on exactly what this is. Next - why now?

So maybe it's more than that. A port-and-a-half. A Super Mario 64 DS situation - where it's a port with a sizable amount of new content.

Or maybe Nintendo's going all-in and is going Bayonetta 2 with the next Deus Ex game. WHO KNOWS IT'S A GODDAMN TRADEMARK THESE THINGS ARE ALMOST ALWAYS BULLSHIT

Pooya

Aug 12, 2009
Doubt they could make a new DE game in such a short time; probably the new Wii U version.

soon it will be 2 years since the game was done, if they announce it this year for next year release, 3 years seems more than enough.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
EatChildren: Hard 'Rection

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Feb 24, 2013
Toronto
Assuming its a sequel to HR, think they'll bring Jensen back?

Apr 16, 2007
Doubt they could make a new DE game in such a short time; probably the new Wii U version.
Human Revolution came out over a year-and-a-half ago. And they're only trademarking the title for this now -- not announcing the game yet. Sounds like a reasonable time frame to me.

shinobi602

Sep 28, 2010
www.twitter.com
;)

A “major Canadian company” has various vacancies available for a “semi open-world action adventure title that responds to player choice and interaction.”

The project, according to the listing, is based upon an existing IP which is a “well known and respected action/adventure title, with elements of choice and stealth within the gameplay.”

Future iterations of the franchise also “intend to really take advantage of the new platforms coming in the next two years to provide an experience with unparralled realism, depth and consequence for player action and choice.”

Source

Bear

Nov 24, 2009
Canada
Yes please.

In today's market, I'm still somewhat in disbelief that we got a Deus Ex sequel at all, but we could certainly use more. There is still an audience for thoughtful game design that doesn't lead players by the nose.

Clov

Feb 5, 2013
I wouldn't mind a cross-gen sequel. As others have pointed out, I don't think they'd change the name that much for a port of Human Revolution.

wwm0nkey

Jan 2, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well considering the after credits scene of Human Revolution
and this game being called Human Defiance I want to assume its a remake of the first game?

EmCeeGramr

Jun 25, 2005
They'd better. Somehow. Jensen was awesome.

Have it set decades later and we'll play as Old Jensen. Kept alive via nanomachines and hodge podge augmentation.
If you set it decades later, you risk running into Deus Ex 1 time period where mech-augs are old gray golems at flea markets to scare the children, or even worse, post-Deus Ex 1 (AKA the Unspoken Years).