• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks Deus Ex Universe, Hitman Sniper, and Hitman Go

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll go out on a limb.

"Deus Ex Universe" <- Persistent Online Experience (or an iOS universe app)

"Hitman Sniper" <- iPad (or perhaps Sniper Challenge and/or Sniper Challenge sequel)

"Hitman Go" <- Also iPad

Thanks miladesn for the image as well.

capturet8x4q.png

This is...worrisome. Rather that they come up with some new concepts for their F2P and MMO experiments, versus shoehorning them into established single player universes. Never works out.

Foffy

Banned
Hitman Sniper could just be the sniper challenge that came with pre-orders of Absolution.

Though, iPad?

They considered evolving the Sniper Challenge into a full game, based on how well it was being praised. This might be it.

And this might be the end of the series.

I bet all 3 of these will be rich and immersive single player games with groundbreaking gameplay concepts, an engaging story, and memorable characters that will have people talking about for decades.

King of Limbs.

I expect the same things. "Hitman Sniper" most likely is "Hitman: Sniper Challenge" with more missions available as a standalone release. Last I checked, it's still only available to those that preordered Absolution.

"Deus Ex Universe" might be similar to the The Division, Deep Down and Destiny; feeding on the MMO craze (That's 4 games with D's for MMO).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
brrrb, scratch that. my mistake. It's probably a mobile app though!

I wonder if it's the iPad game from Square Enix Montreal while Hitman Sniper is a port (or sequel?) to Sniper Challenge (also for mobile).

I honestly don't understand why ISO apps bother so many people.

Were I to fathom a guess, for this thread I think they're probably more worried about Deus Ex.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Think there was some Hitman thing due to be released soon on mobile, but thought that was cancelled during the layoffs earlier this year.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Think there was some Hitman thing due to be released soon on mobile, but thought that was cancelled during the layoffs earlier this year.

Actually Square Enix Montreal (not to be confused with Eidos Montreal) was moved from a AAA console Hitman to an iPad Hitman based on Square Enix's statements, so it's presumably that.

homulilly

Banned
Why get invested in a immersive, rewarding experience when you can poke an ipad screen a couple minutes a day for cyborg points? Or, you know, spend $25 on your pretend robot glasses so you don't have to actually play the game.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
DEUS EX F2P AUGMENT YO SELF PACK #12

- "The Liberalizer" Sniper Rifle
12 Dmg, 10 Pierce, 50 Reliability, 0 Explosive
Liberate your enemies from their life.
$2.99

- "Sunglass" Costume Addition
1 head, 0 torso, 0 leg, 75 style
You never asked for this.
$0.99

- "Malick" Narrator Voice
Replaces standard menu voices with Paula Jean Hixson, voice of Malick from Deus Ex Human Revolution™
Flygirl.
$0.99

Special 10% off until 12/12/15

They're ensuring they have the rights to an MMO version of one of their most popular franchises. This really doesn't indicate shit.

The Hitman listings are more telling though. Both sound very much like mobile/casual experiences.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're ensuring they have the rights to an MMO version of one of their most popular franchises. This really doesn't indicate shit.

The Hitman listings are more telling though. Both sound very much like mobile/casual experiences.

Yeah, you just don't own MMO rights unless you trademark Deus Ex Universe.

This also explains why they didn't make a trademark like that for any other franchise.

Joco

Great, another persistent universe joins the fray - with The Division, Destiny, Deep Down, probably a bunch of others we haven't heard about yet too...

Top Bottom