• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks "Final Fantasy Agito"

raven777

6dd94d51.jpg

Square Enix have trade marked "Final Fantasy Agito" on 4.24.2013

Final Fantasy Agito XIII have changed name to Final Fantasy Type-0 and release in Japan only.

the new trade mark seems to drop "XIII"

source(Japanese)

Acosta

*Cries*

I'll take whatever Square Enix, release in a fucking Playdia if you must but give us a localizated game and end this suffering, please!

Cels

it might mean nothing.

remember when they trademarked "Chrono Break" years and years ago and nothing happened?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

some e3 spoilers for SE, enjoy~

-final fantasy 15 announcement nextgen game (both PS4 and Xb1), cg trailer looks like ff4 setting in hd and main character is like agni's philosophy girl but setting is completely different. gives 2014 release. SE live stream will detail: party members can be recruited online but it's an offline game (You play commander of an army and recruit soldiers), looks open world with combat like ff12/xenoblade, quest givers with ! above their heads so maybe MMO-inspired.

-kingdom hearts teaser for ps4 at sony conference, no gameplay or subtitle just secret ending esque video

-lightning returns showcase at e3, coming this year, new trailer

-final fantasy versus (no 13) trailer and 2014 release date, sony japan studio in trailer, for ps3

-crisis core: ff7 and agito HD release for PS3 coming soon (no date)

-last mission ffx-2 coming as $20 dlc to ffxHD in north america/europe

-english bravely default trailer, coming 2014

-blood mask, DMC esque action RPG for vita and ps3 coming 2014

This sounds like a fanfiction.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
There's a large difference between a game that never happened (chrono break) and a game that is already out in Japan and only needs to be localized or even - a wild guess - ported to HD.

SE trademarking this name probably means they are or started doing something about its localization.

There's a large difference between a game that never happened (chrono break) and a game that is already out in Japan and only needs to be localized or even - a wild guess - ported to HD.

SE trademarking this name probably means they are or started doing something about its localization.

There were rumors that said that they started several months ago :(

Glass Rebel

The game is already out in Japan as Final Fantasy Type-0. Why would they file for a new trademark with a different name?

Top Bottom