• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks 'RiseOfTheTombRaider" and 'LaraCroftAndTheTempleOfOsiris'

Paracelsus

More platforming with no handholding, less shooting and with animals rather than humans. Tell people who want to blow things up to go play Battlefield.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
as silly as "Rise of the Tomb Raider" sounds, i'm pumped for both of these games.

especially if one is the sequel to GoL. some top down puzzle / action couch co-op with the girl would be perfect.

kitzkozan

I have some decent faith that know that the superfluous backstory is gone, they can focus more on exploration and puzzle solving.

Yeah and I would add that they should drop the multiplayer component. A waste of resource imo since people would rather have a longer single player experience where they can explore and solve puzzles and take on platforming challenges.

dani_dc

I really hope this is a sequel to The Guardian Of Light. Easily one of the better games in the last few years.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Rise of the Tomb Raider?

That just sounds awful
So did Rise of the Planet of the Apes but that turned out awesome. No matter the name I'm definitely interested and hope we get a less action focused game this time.

Also IS THAT A GUARDIAN OF LIGHT SEQUEL?! If it is I'm gonna be so hyped.

TheTux

I don't know much about the Tomb Raider franchise. Is TR2013 considered a great game? I thuoght it was pretty good but I guess some people hate it because of few tombs and so on (I only played TR13).

Harlequin

Temple of Osiris sounds cool. I've ben wanting Egypt back in my Tomb Raider for ages (and no, Anniversary doesn't count). Although I am a bit bummed that it's in the GOL sequel rather than in the pillar release. I hope it's at least not isometric (I enjoyed GOL but if they do Egypt I want to actually be in the environments, not above them).

Glass Rebel

They need to fix a lot in the TR2013 sequel for me to bother with it at a price-tag above 10€. Another shoot bang with pathetic excuses for tombs won't cut it.

jbttwin

I don't know much about the Tomb Raider franchise. Is TR2013 considered a great game? I thuoght it was pretty good but I guess some people hate it because of few tombs and so on (I only played TR13).

It's a good effort compared to Legend and Underworld, and maybe even Anniversary.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Doing it planet of the apes style? Yes please.

planet-of-the-apes.jpg

Rise-of-the-Planet-of-the-Apes-UK-poster-570x4271.jpg

Edit: I.e like this,
lHS5VPD.jpg

Sayad

I hated the last Tomb Raider but I'm still hyped for a new one. Hopefully this isn't as much of a cinematic experience, or at least, one with less obnoxious characters/story(wouldn't mind a less linear game too).

mindsale

RISE OF THE is almost as bad a naming convention as just putting a definite article in a sequel.

THE TOMB RAIDER is a slightly worse sequel name.

Meia

So a followup to guardians, and hopefully a sequel to the reboot that has her going through actual TOMBS if the title is any indication.

This pleases me.

Jhoan

Even though I never finished it, I'm happy that Guardian of Light is getting a sequel since it was so much fun.

Rise of The Tomb Raider makes it sound like Lara is getting even grittier and gruffer since the name is so trite. Here's a good slogan for it: Rise of The Tomb Raider: Now with 100% more ludonarrative dissonance! or It's straight up tomb time.

So Rises is a sequel to the reboot, and Osiris is a sequel to the isometric one. Both equally as shrug-worthy as the other.

Eh.

I'm really excited for another Guardian of Light style game, the first one was excellent. Not really into the sequel of the reboot but hopefully this time it'll have some tombs and puzzles.

Firebrand

More Guardian of Light would be appreciated. I'm guessing it'll be with the new Lara, but eh, doesn't really matter as long as the gameplay is similar. Would be kind of weird to put gore in it though.

Harlequin

I think there is a possibility that "Rise of the Tomb Raider" is only a marketing tagline a la "A Survivor Is Born" and not the actual title of the game.

Leb

Perhaps they'll fully realize their ambitions this time around and ship a 4 hour rail shooter with QTE platforming and 6 hours of cinematics.

That'll all be forgiven, however, if Temple of Osiris delivers.

Top Bottom