• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix unveiling new "dramatic RPG" Kamitsuri on August 1st

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Teaser Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbfCL-asgUY

Gematsu said:
Square Enix has released a teaser trailer for a new game, a “dramatic RPG” called Kamitsuri, which it plans to reveal on August 1.

Platforms and release date have not been revealed. From the trailer, we see that the game is set in an country called “Ashihara Nakatsukuni,” that two girls seem to be key figures, and that the genre is “dramatic RPG.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/07/square-e...ic-rpg-announced-august-1#dRzlbcp1XfkorZfS.99

square-enix-dramatic-vlsdr.jpg

Uhhh is this the next venture from the Setsuna people? Either way this does not scream up my alley in the slightest so I will keep my expectations low

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Mobile..but it still would be interesting, SE trying to emulate a full on anime artstyle would be interesting

LuuKyK

What would even be a dramatic RPG? Like whats the point of naming it like that? Is it because it will focus on story or something?

Ganondorfo

If this was in year 1999, it would have Final Fantasy Tactics/Vagrant Story art. But these days everything is so generic anime with art. Not even Grandia back then had generic anime art.

kevm3

Square used to have some of the best artists in the business. Sad to see them go the generic anime route.

Quonny

Square Enix afraid of the Personas of the world and want in on it.

They see the hype for Persona 5 and are taking notes.

Ketaya

Square used to have some of the best artists in the business. Sad to see them go the generic anime route.

Many of these artists are still at Square Enix, but they are busy working on the console titles, where they belong, and not wasting their skill on a random mobile game.

CCIE

Banned
Square's mobile games are keeping the company in the black. Like them or not, they make a crapload of money, and FFBE is a pretty damn sweet mobile game. Interested to see the next one on August 1st.

Ketaya

Serious question, which of them aren't working on any mobile games?

Nomura:

Itahana:

Yoshida:

Minaba:

Looking around a bit I probably jumped the gun, yeah.
But to be fair Yoshida and Minaba are freelancers and they didn't work on mobile titles for SE (at least if my sources were complete), just other devs.

Of the art directors still employed at SE that I looked at I couldn't find any big involvement in mobile titles for Hiroshi Minagawa, Isamu Kamikokuryo and Takeshi Nozue.

And "wasting their skill" was a bit too harsh, there are enough mobile games I actually like. I just prefer to see the art of these people outside of f2p gacha games.

How would August 1 be the reveal if they just revealed it today? I don't understand that terminology. The teaser revealed the game. August 1 they're just going to elaborate on it.

I've been seeing this a lot lately and it bothers me more than it should.

Aters

They've made quite a few RPGs on mobile, and some of them are great. I won't rule this one out just yet.

RPGam3r

Art seems mobile, but I will remain open minded until platform is announced. Mind will be closed if mobile though.

Top Bottom