• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Wada Yoichis Interview with Nikkei

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnham

Banned
Square Enix in 2008

About Microsoft
- If there is a merrit cooperating with Microsoft we will do this. We might give some projects to separate studios and make games for the X360.

- The Main Platforms for Square Enix are the Nintendo Platforms and PS3. The Lionshare of the Developers and our infrastructure as well as our capital is for NDS, Wii and PS3 and this is not going to change.

- We are astonished by Wiis success and the nintendo dominance. We thought that the PS3 and the Wii will coexist due to the difference between both strategies, but in the end the users will decide which platform we develop on. The SCE Platforms at this point are a bit of a challenge.

- We think we can do much on the Wii. I talked to Iwata to exploit many possibilities and cheer on him

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?main=ps&table=game_ps04&page=1&left=b&num=37133

Amir0x

Banned
Translated: We will finish squeezing out FFXIII on PS3 (which costs as much as every DS and Wii game we are developing combined), and then we will shift all resources to Wii and DS.

farnham

Banned
monchi-kun said:
ouenshimasu or something like that

they will do the ouendan

Amir0x said:
Translated: We will finish squeezing out FFXIII on PS3 (which costs as much as every DS and Wii game we are developing combined), and then we will shift all resources to Wii and DS.
translated : we will make our money on the DS and the Wii by making half assed games on that platform and make the good stuff on the PS3 since we LOVE it

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Nothing really new in terms of Square Enix strategies. Both companies have always produced more games for the dominant console/handheld (Wonderswan withstanding due to other reasons).

botticus

farnham said:
ouenshimasu or something like that

they will do the ouendan

translated : we will make our money on the DS and the Wii by making half assed games on that platform and make the good stuff on the PS3 since we LOVE it
I prefer this translation.

sphinx

the piano man
announce your new stuff for PS3 and Wii already then.

and treat the Wii like the absolute and undisputable hardware leader that it is. Enough of the spin-offs; Create new, fantastic IPs with your top teams and developers on board and make games that put mario galaxy to shame or shut the fuck up.

Amir0x

Banned
sphinx said:

and treat the Wii like the absolute and undisputable hardware leader that it is. Enough of the spin-offs; Create new, fantastic IPs with your top teams and developers on board and make games that put mario galaxy to shame or shut the fuck up.

hahahaha SquareEnix
hahahahh NEWIPs

sphinx said:

No please don't. I'm starting to hate Nintendo fans. :(

Maztorre

farnham said:
- We think we can do much on the Wii. I talked to Iwata to exploit many possibilities and cheer on him

So, cellphone ports confirmed for the Wii :(

Still, if the rumours are true and Matsuno does surface at Nintendo we get to watch him trounce his former employer.

Eteric Rice

farnham said:
Square Enix in 2008

About Microsoft
- If there is a merrit cooperating with Microsoft we will do this. We might give some projects to separate studios and make games for the X360.

- The Main Platforms for Square Enix are the Nintendo Platforms and PS3. The Lionshare of the Developers and our infrastructure as well as our capital is for NDS, Wii and PS3 and this is not going to change.

- We are astonished by Wiis success and the nintendo dominance. We thought that the PS3 and the Wii will coexist due to the difference between both strategies, but in the end the users will decide which platform we develop on. The SCE Platforms at this point are a bit of a challenge.

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?main=ps&table=game_ps04&page=1&left=b&num=37133

Wow, he changed tunes pretty fucking fast. >_>

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Amir0x said:

Ehh, I'm a bit skeptical of Wii support. Right now all that is left is a Wii Ware game (which looks good and all..but still).

farnham

Banned
Maztorre said:
So, cellphone ports confirmed for the Wii :(

Still, if the rumours are true and Matsuno does surface at Nintendo we get to watch him trounce his former employer.

FOR THE DS

schuelma said:
Ehh, I'm a bit skeptical of Wii support. Right now all that is left is a Wii Ware game (which looks good and all..but still).

uh.. forgot about FFCC Christal bearers

oh nevermind

Majmun

Weird that he doesn't mention PSP, considering FF:Dissidia and the new Kingdom Hearts look to be pretty big-budget.

Amir0x

Banned
farnham said:
they used to do such things... things like romancing saga and stuff.. well thats a while ago

GoogleFinalFantasy.jpg

farnham

Banned
Amir0x said:

you know they also did this new IP called secret of mana and that other one called Xenogears.. :lol :lol

Second said:
Weird that he doesn't mention PSP, considering FF:Dissidia and the new Kingdom Hearts look to be pretty big-budget.

dissidia looks like its from Dream Factory

doesnt mean it is from them though

farnham

Banned
subarashiki konno sekai was kinda neat..

i was disappointed but it was like something new for the DS

at least they tried

Quazar

Was hoping for something interesting in this thread. SE fails. All they do is repeat themselves over and over every couple months about nothing. It's like no one can ask them any right questions. Or they just don't ask anything entirely.

legend166

farnham said:
you know they also did this new IP called secret of mana and that other one called Xenogears.. :lol :lol

dissidia looks like its from Dream Factory

doesnt mean it is from them though

I don't think you get Amir0x.

ksamedi

I really would want a FF V and VI remake for the DS, FF VII and VIII remake for the PS3 and some new exciting IPs for the Wii.

Maztorre

farnham said:
FOR THE DS

You aren't thinking like Square-Enix!

The process is:

Cellphone release
Half-assed Wii port
DS remake in 10 years (we all know the DS will still be around)
Wii 2 Virtual Console release (of the original, not the remake. You can put the remake up later)

Look at all those revenue streams! And just think, if it's REALLY successful you can make a movie about it, rerelease the movie in hi definition, and string along the fans with tech demos of the games they want and then sit on them until the cash reserves are low (never!)

farnham

Banned
ksamedi said:
I really would want a FF V and VI remake for the DS, FF VII and VIII remake for the PS3 and some new exciting IPs for the Wii.
wasnt FF V announced already..?

well i know DQ V was..

farnham

Banned
Maztorre said:
You aren't thinking like Square-Enix!

The process is:

Cellphone release
Half-assed Wii port
DS remake in 10 years (we all know the DS will still be around)
Wii 2 Virtual Console release (of the original, not the remake. You can put the remake up later)

Look at all those revenue streams! And just think, if it's REALLY successful you can make a movie about it, rerelease the movie in hi definition, and string along the fans with tech demos of the games they want and then sit on them until the cash reserves are low (never!)

i doubt cell phones are a better revenue for SE then the DS..

farnham said:
dragon_quest_swords_the_masked_queen_and_the_tower_of_mirrors_20061212.jpg

This one sold better then the FF 7 remake on PS3 ever could do

I think they will do a FF 7 DS if they would ever remake it at all (dev by matrix)

Hey, can I borrow your time machine?

...do you even have any idea what in the hell you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom