• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's new plan: Eidos focus = online games; Japan accelerating work on phones

TnK

The bolded is FUD that has been perpetuated by ill informed people.

That being said I agree with most of what you said. I believe at worst we will get a solid game and nothing more. However I have absolute faith in this team and Nomura. Toriyama had terrible vision and didn't know how to lead the team as clearly evident in the postmortem he wrote for XIII.

Nomura has always known what he wants in his games and knows how to go about making that happen. He pushes his teams to do the very best.
Super late reply as I forgot to do so.
If I am not mistaken, was it not Kagari that said the trailers were actually target renders? (correct me on this if I am wrong)

Also, isn't it the KH2 team that is helping Nomura with this game? When I finished vanilla KH2, I honestly hated it. KH2FM on the other hand made the game a strong contender for best in the series. Thing is, I don't want the team to feel rushed and give us something similar to KH2, but instead, be given something like KH2FM.

I also do believe that at worst, this game would be a solid game. Problem is, the game has to be crazy good to win back all the fans that have been burned out by all the horrible decisions SE has been making regarding FF. Overall, I guess waiting for the game is key here. Constantly thinking about how it should be, and what will happen is mentally tiring, lol.

Maxim726X

Just imagine for a moment, if you could... The Final Fantasy 7 remake as a launch title on the PS4.

How many fucking copies would that have sold? I just don't get it. Instead of abandoning the platforms where you rose to prominence, ask why your games aren't selling as well anymore.

Is the mobile arena really this profitable? On ports I could certainly see how, but new IPs?

Top Bottom