• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Squeenix trademarks "Ogre Battle" in Japan

CO_Andy

andriasung said:
Here are the latest trademarks from various game companies, all filed on July 6.

Square Enix

Densetsu no Ogre Battle
Ogre Battle
Luminous
Luminous Studio

Densetsu no Ogre Battle is the Japanese name for Super Famicom/SNES's Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen. The person who compiled all these trademarks notes that a few months after Square Enix registered "Tactics Ogre," which is the Ogre title that followed Ogre Battle, they announced PSP's Tactics Ogre remake. This has caused speculation that a remake of Ogre Battle could be on the way.
An OB without Matsuno? If some of the former members of Quest are still there, then i won't mind so much.

Link

StuBurns

Banned
I'm more interested in why they're only just trademarking the new engine. I wonder if they're planning on licensing it.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
An OB without Matsuno? If some of the former members of Quest are still there, then i won't mind so much.

Link

IIRC, TO: Knight of Lodis didn't have any kind of input from Matsuno so it wouldn't be something new..

DiscoJer

Ogre Battle 64 turned out fine without him.

Needed more Queen references. They're all over the first two, Matsuno games (including the title - March of the Black Queen, Let Us Cling Together, and of course, Ogre Battle itself)

Aeana

There's no reason to assume that Matsuno couldn't be involved. He was very heavily involved with Tactics Ogre PSP.

Labadal

Square Enix should let Level 5 develop Final Fantasy Tactics 2. Put Matsuno in charge, and I'll be happy as a kid in a candy store.

Sotha Sil

I'll crush my expectations in advance and rebuild them piece by piece if it turns out to be the real deal. Fingers crossed.

Jay Sosa

I have complete faith in Square that they completely mess up again*. So I'm not getting excited over this.

I'd love to see some more HD SRPGs(I mean what is there? Agarest War and Disgaea 4) but I guess if they really remake it this is either gonna be for the 3DS or the Vita (lol)

* to be fair their handheld games are apparently pretty good, judging by the reviews.

Needs to be a WiiU release. (Having March of the Black Queen and Persons of Lordly Caliber all on one system needs to happen.) Or 3DS works too.

Game screams for touch-interface.

Edit: Ogre Battle is far and away better than Tactics Ogre.

jorgeton

Excite. Let's hope it's a true SRPG and not some FB web browser game. And I think Tactics Ogre PSP did pretty well, very high metacritic and it seems like a bunch of folks picked it up on their Vitas.

reson8or

Needs to be a WiiU release. (Having March of the Black Queen and Persons of Lordly Caliber all on one system needs to happen.) Or 3DS works too.

Game screams for touch-interface.

Edit: Ogre Battle is far and away better than Tactics Ogre.

To each his own ofc, but I have both and feel the exact opposite.

OB's main hook today is that its still fairly unique, if a bit obtuse.

My favorite series. I hope its a new game and not just a remake. Without Matsuno they are 1/2. The gba tactics ogre wasn't good but ogre battle 64 was.

Please say this is true!

I'm not crazy about Ogre Battle gameplay compared to Tactics Ogre or FFT, as it seems pretty dumbed down, but I would buy so hard just for more Matsuno story!

Culex

Banned
Ogre Battle 64 is my favorite of the series, so a new one would be wonderful....but like many have said this is probably some card game, or cheap phone tie-in game.

Top Bottom