• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSD inside an X Box one X?

vkbest

Waste of time really. PS4/X One (X) are limited in transfer speeds of SATA III. Wouldn't take advantage of an SSD. A good quality HDD will do a better job.

waste of time? On my pro loading times are 2x faster minimum, some games such as FF XIV or wreckfest 4x. When some games has 1 or 2 minutes of loading times, 2x faster is worth

Trimesh

Banned
Most certainly. I don't buy them much now as I just eat all six in the box at once. :p

I think pretty much everyone did that - they were very morish...

There is a "British Supermarket" in Hong Kong that used to stock them, but I haven't seen them there for ages, which was why I wondered if they were still a thing.

As has already been pointed out to you, the HDD is mated to the motherboard, you'd effectively be banning your console if you did it - just attach it externally and save yourself the bother.

This is straight up 100% bullshit.

I've modded one of my OG XB1 Elites with a 1TB internal SSD just for fun. The same process will work on the XB1 S and X.

Whether or not it's "worth it" is up for debate (it was in my case just to learn how to do it). But it's not that complicated (it's no more difficult than replacing the 360 HDD). And I can assure you no one will be banned for this.

Tomeru

Just to clear any confusion, some of you seem to talk about stuff you dont know:

Its possible to swap out the internal hdd on every xbox one; I think (as in not sure) only the X would accept ssd though, and its not worth it like someone here said. And you need a custom software for that. You will not get your console banned or anything. At most you lose warrenty. I've been swapping hdds on xone for a long time now, you wouldnt believe how many of them break down.

Just forget about it all together, even an external hdd (not ssd) is faster than the internal one.

Last edited:

TriSuit666

Banned
This is straight up 100% bullshit.

I've modded one of my OG XB1 Elites with a 1TB internal SSD just for fun. The same process will work on the XB1 S and X.

Whether or not it's "worth it" is up for debate (it was in my case just to learn how to do it). But it's not that complicated (it's no more difficult than replacing the 360 HDD). And I can assure you no one will be banned for this.

Thanks for the 'guidance', and nicely put, friendo. Thinking on it, it's the BD-Drive that's mated to the motherboard, for anti-piracy reasons, so yeah, I goofed.

As I asked the other fella, I'd be interested in seeing how it's done, with slides, handouts and working examples to hand.

Go.

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
You can do brain surgery with a hammer too.
tenor.gif

LostDonkey

waste of time? On my pro loading times are 2x faster minimum, some games such as FF XIV or wreckfest 4x. When some games has 1 or 2 minutes of loading times, 2x faster is worth
I'd like to see some proof of this because every test I've done and seen is marginal.

Thanks for the 'guidance', and nicely put, friendo. Thinking on it, it's the BD-Drive that's mated to the motherboard, for anti-piracy reasons, so yeah, I goofed.

As I asked the other fella, I'd be interested in seeing how it's done, with slides, handouts and working examples to hand.

Go.

You do realize Google is a thing, right....? 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️😅

Top Bottom