• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX Community Demo - Archived, Psymon Revealed, Demo Coming [Zoe Revealed]

soultron

Banned
Hey everybody,

So EA has been nice enough to have some fans visit their Vancouver studios for an SSX community event! The team will be showing the game off, letting fans play, and revealing the 5th returning character.

Most of this will be happening live over USTREAM on Wednesday, June 29th at 11 am PST. (Make sure you add a few hours if you're on the East coast!) You can ask the team questions through the Q+A chat, so make sure you're there if you've got a few burning questions!

The details can be found here
or on the EA Sports SSX Facebook page.

Also, for transparency's sake, I will mention that I will be in attendance as your NeoGAF representative (and proud SSX Defense Force member.). No, I'm not a viral marketer. Yes, I will be under NDA.

So, with that out of the way, who are you betting on as the reveal character for tomorrow?

I'm guessing Zoe. Fans love her and it would fit the female-male-female-male pattern we've had thus far with the reveals for Elise, Mac, Kaori, and Moby.

I'll update the OP tomorrow if Nirolak doesn't beat me to it!

Update:

Archived Video: http://www.facebook.com/easportsssx?sk=app_196506863720166

Psymon Stark:
262370_215463521825158_112224572149054_577267_101261_n.jpg

Zoe Payne:
262322_220837407954436_112224572149054_591963_4881311_n.jpg

Screencaps:

-bakalhau- said:
They do seem to understand what made SSX great. I would suggest you hear Todd Batty talking about the game by himself and not on interviews, like today. He seems prety honest and upfront about development and generally comes across as not only a great guy, but as a SSX fan too, and knowing pretty well what we want. He says a lot of interesting points, albeit being minor points, they give the impression they know what they're doing.

I got these for you:

plugincontainer20110629.jpg

I should've resized them maybe... But I wanted to leave them big so you could read everything, as quality is as you see. I gotta leave home now so maybe I'll change them later. Sorry!

soultron

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
Moby has been confirmed ? How could I missed this ?
He was revealed quietly without a gameplay trailer! But he's been confirmed via the FB page. You can see the concept art there.

Awesome, I take my lunch right around then so I'll be able to watch this!

I'm really hoping there is a huge variety in the tricks. Also hoping it's button presses and not just the freestyle Skate-like controls.

Either way I'm in!

soultron

Banned
The goal right now is to have classic SSX controls in there, yeah. Then there is the new control scheme that actually has two live ones at once -- buttons and the right analog for tricks. Nothing is final right now though.

15 minutes! Can't wait, this is probably one of my most anticipated games.

soultron said:
The goal right now is to have both the classic SSX control scheme and the new Skate-inspired scheme live at the same time.

That sounds pretty awesome. One of the cool things I always enjoyed doing was just holding one grab and gliding through the air. Can't wait for more info.

glaurung said:
Psymon for life!

Edit: will be watching I guess.

Your wish is granted it seems.

Wow, this menu system looks awesome.

Holy shit, after seeing this in action it IS SSX .. no doubt about it. My anticipation just skyrocketed.

legbone

FUCK. that menu is pretty amazing. ssx is looking up.

edit: that first race seemed pretty short. looked great though.

legbone said:
FUCK. that menu is pretty amazing. ssx is looking up.

edit: that first race seemed pretty short. looked great though.

Yeah, wondering if it's just for demo purposes, they did say it was the E3 demo at the beginning so they might be cut short for those purposes.

legbone

yeah i hope so. that or it's just the first race of a really long series or something. i am slowly getting really hyped for this title. been a long time since i've played ssx. loved it on ps2.

Heh, not sure if I'm a huge fan of the Deadly Decents, but it looks like a great diversion and option from the other parts of the game.

Will have to try it first before I really make a decision though.

Great looking game though, looks amazing to me. Can't wait for some HD feed of this.

legbone

yeah, i'm not a fan of that camera angle either. but i guess you wouldn't be able to see the avalanche chasing you from the traditional view point. look back would work for me.

edit: as long as there are plenty of races i'm cool.

LOL! Somebody asked about Skis in the game? Keep those 2 plankers out of my mountain surfing!

WOOHOO! There will be a Demo also! (before the game launches)

After all is said and done I'm really excited. Some game modes didn't seem all that great (the decents, unless you can change the view) but after watching that I'm stoked.

Looks like it has everything that made the older SSX games magical.

Demo confirmed for pre release. Woo!

Edit: One of the (lucky) guys there will take a look at the framerate, I'm hoping among all the stuff he wants to look at/ask he won't forget to takea look while he plays at how fluid the game is.

thezerofire said:
Looks like SSX. So I'm excited. Except for that weird coming-towards-the-camera thing.

That's only supposed to happen on that one deadly descent. I still don't like it since it seems very easy to lose sight of where you're.

Top Bottom