• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

_RT_

Very interested.
I'll reserve excitement level until I try the demo out this evening.

Love me some SSX though.

This game looks fantastic but I'll probably pick it up in a few months or so. The Vita is likely to dominate my life for the foreseeable future.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Finally a legit snowboarding game. I'm not counting that Shawn White monstrosity or Amped 3 since it came out at the beginning of this Gen.

Probably the only game I'll get day one in the past 2 years.

PS3 here.

Somebody PLEASE post when the PS3 demo is up. Should be later today!

LaneDS

This game looks fantastic but I'll probably pick it up in a few months or so. The Vita is likely to dominate my life for the foreseeable future.

Would have loved a Vita version, but I can dream for future installments to be so fortunate.

Oh, and since it's the OT, someone in the other thread mentioned Toys'R'Us having $44.99 preorders for both versions online.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I love this thread. The long wait is almost over comrades!
PSN: LuckyAaron13

AEREC

Havent played a good snowboarding game since 1080 on the N64 and Ive naver played any of the SSX series mainly because I used to like only realism in my video games (I have much different preferences now).

Gonna try the demo when I get home today but this looks good so far.

Anyone know is MtFuji is going to be DLC later on down the line? (UK PS360 owner)

You get it in the UK day one regardless of platform. It's only in America that Sony paid for a Fuji exclusive. Not enough to get me to switch off XBL and the 360 controller though, especially given how much you use the sticks in this game.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I thought all of Europe got Mt. Fuji regardless of platform. It's only the US that 360 users might not get it? (The devs skirted the issue yesterday during their stream/chat.)

That's what I thought but i've seen instances where it seems retailer specific too. Going to try the PS3 demo later, compare controls then try and preorder I guess just to be safe.

DietRob

I haven't been following much so I'm unaware of any pre-order bonuses. Or if there is indeed a spreadsheet needed to track all the varying promotions.

So GAF is there Pre-Order promotion madness going on with this release? Where should I Pre-Order from, or does it matter?

You get it in the UK day one regardless of platform. It's only in America that Sony paid for a Fuji exclusive. Not enough to get me to switch off XBL and the 360 controller though, especially given how much you use the sticks in this game.

Sony's pretty airtight with their DLC Exclusives too, IIRC. (Joker, etc)

I haven't been following much so I'm unaware of any pre-order bonuses. Or if there is indeed a spreadsheet needed to track all the varying promotions.

So GAF is there Pre-Order promotion madness going on with this release? Where should I Pre-Order from, or does it matter?

It appears to be about boards. At Amazon you get a special board for Mac. In other words, I don't give a shit. Gamestop however allows you to unlock Eddie and his board, which I guess is better. But yeah, EA can go **** themselves for locking popular boarders behind pre-order codes. Seriously, **** you EA.

GameStop has Eddie. That made my decision pretty easy.

Nightz

Here you go:
GameStop – receive legendary SSX character Eddie Wachowski, and his Ultimate Snowboard with an attribute Perk.

Origin – receive Elise’s Ultimate Snowboard with an attribute Perk.

Amazon – receive Mac’s Ultimate snowboard with an attribute Perk.

Best Buy – receive Zoe’s Ultimate snowboard with an attribute Perk.

Wal-Mart – receive Kaori’s Ultimate snowboard with an attribute Perk.

JaseMath

Nice OT, Soultron!

Added my name to the PS3 SSX list. Please add me - all of my other gamer friends probably won't be buying this.
Fools.

I actually have two preorders on this game. Ordered it at Amazon since I had enough credit to get it for free, but I wanted Eddie so I have it at GameStop too. That will enable me to get it at like 8AM next Tuesday. Then when FedEx shows up at like 7PM I can just return that copy to GameStop. I will have my cake and eat it too.

I've only played Moby in the past but maybe I'll preorder at Gamestop for Eddie. Would hate to miss out on such an iconic character from the series.

Eh - I still need to decide if I want to pick it up day one or wait for the inevitable Amazon $40 DotD two weeks after release. Seems like it happens to every EA game.

DietRob

Thanks everyone for outlining the pre-order bonuses.

*grumbles* Guess I will have to step foot in a GameStop they better bolt down their magazine racks.

Oh another question are all of these pre-order bonuses available to be unlocked by playing the game. If not then I'm with Baconsammy in requesting that EA fuck themselves.

Suairyu

Banned
Is there a joke behind why Travis looks like a real person and the rest of the cast do not? I feel stupid right now for not getting it.

Is there a joke behind why Travis looks like a real person and the rest of the cast do not? I feel stupid right now for not getting it.

You're not alone. I have no idea either.

Pre-order bonus of Eddie doesnt really bother me since I never use him. I'm a faithful Mac/Zoe user.

Hopefully will get it on PS3 through gamefly on wednesday or something....psyched son. Yall gonna be my SONS on the slopes, son.

Tokubetsu

Is there anyway to shut off ghosts? NetWreckers ghost is psych me out. Pretty sure he did some magic right off the bat. Total bullshit.

soultron

Banned
The soundtrack has already been leaked for a couple of days. Songs seem to be uploaded to YT as we speak. I don't advocate piracy or anything but GAF-threads are usually pretty filled with YT-links to songs. Keep an eye out, because SSX is always a treat for the ears. True lovers of the game should buy the album anyway!

There's a link to purchase the OST (unfortunately it's only the 12 original tracks and not the licensed music) in the soundtrack document I composed.

Top Bottom