• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stadia, made me fall in love with online games, and which I can consider as a great future today. [a really great streaming service]

D.Final

Banned
A free service that, during this rather complex period of my life, between the pandemic caused by Covid19 and the work problems, this Google Stadia has been able to positively surprise me with its offer and its idea of the future of gaming.
And if at first I was hesitant, now I really believe in this future today.

The experience and initial impact I had with the platform was a soft curiosity, as I don't possess an exaggeratedly high connection in the end. (about 50/60 Mb)
But despite everything I can play games like Destiny 2 and Super Bomberman R Online safely, and without any connection or lag problems.

And considering that games like Destiny 2 and Super Bomberman R Online are free for everyone on Stadia, they're the perfect examples to try out a streaming platform for the first time.

And playing with Google Stadia reminded me of the memories of playing flash games online very often years ago, on sites like ArmorGames.
And thinking of the immediacy and the rather accessible and very fast way to enter (since you just need to open the Google Chrome page, log in with an account, and be able to instantly play whatever you want), it started to come to mind this memory.
And the association I made with it I don't think is totally coincidental.

I was very impressed with Google Stadia, and if it continues to offer a general service of this level or even higher, I am equally certain that it will be able to shine even more, considering that in its simplicity of operation, Stadia is that small but simple revolution that it reminded me of the past, and that it could easily sustain the future generations that await us.

nush

Gold Member
employer-offers-money-under-the-table-after-work-accident.jpg

D.Final

Banned
Isn't Stadia very limited? I use GeForce Now. Haven't tested Stadia yet

You mean for the smartphone?
In that case, yes.
But I also think that it will be pretty easy to implement a great compatibility with all the types of smartphone, in the near future.

For the rest, I found pretty awesome play on Google Stadia free games like Super Bomberman R Online and Destiny 2.
And even with only a decent connection the overall stability are amazing and without any lag.
(or, at least, that was my experience with this platform, of course)

It really reminds me that times when I used to play flash games online with only my browser as active page to play daily great things

nush

Gold Member
In that case, yes.
But I also think that it will be pretty easy to implement a great compatibility with all the types of smartphone, in the near future.

For the rest, I found pretty awesome play on Google Stadia free games like Super Bomberman R Online and Destiny 2.
And even with only a decent connection the overall stability are amazing and without any lag.

It really reminds me that times when I used to play flash games online with only my browser as active page to play daily great things
4pslo3.jpg

Kuranghi

In that case, yes.

Wow, better than local HW rendering then! Amazing!

Throw away your HW lads, its time to go full Stadia on all devices.

Last edited:

pasterpl

sponsored content

A free service that, during this rather complex period of my life, between the pandemic caused by Covid19 and the work problems, this Google Stadia has been able to positively surprise me with its offer and its idea of the future of gaming.
And if at first I was hesitant, now I really believe in this future today.

The experience and initial impact I had with the platform was a soft curiosity, as I don't possess an exaggeratedly high connection in the end. (about 50/60 Mb)
But despite everything I can play games like Destiny 2 and Super Bomberman R Online safely, and without any connection or lag problems.

And considering that games like Destiny 2 and Super Bomberman R Online are free for everyone on Stadia, they're the perfect examples to try out a streaming platform for the first time.

And playing with Google Stadia reminded me of the memories of playing flash games online very often years ago, on sites like ArmorGames.
And thinking of the immediacy and the rather accessible and very fast way to enter (since you just need to open the Google Chrome page, log in with an account, and be able to instantly play whatever you want), it started to come to mind this memory.
And the association I made with it I don't think is totally coincidental.

I was very impressed with Google Stadia, and if it continues to offer a general service of this level or even higher, I am equally certain that it will be able to shine even more, considering that in its simplicity of operation, Stadia is that small but simple revolution that it reminded me of the past, and that it could easily sustain the future generations that await us.

fixed

AJUMP23

Now how will you handle it when they cancel the service?

I liked Luna when I tried it, but it isn't how I want to play games.

Elcid

Banned
I'd have to try it for myself tbh. I just can't imagine it being that good of an experience when there's so much latency even with a wired/fast connection. I could never see this becoming a good platform for fighting games for example.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ehh, I found the input lag as well as resolution buffering issues to be far too noticable even on a great connection. I'd rather games streaming be done the way Sony and MS are handling it, where it's a complementary feature and not a replacement to conventional gaming.

In short, Stadia is the FFXV of games streaming services.

💩

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

I'd have given it a try if they had a different model. They should have focused on selling subscriptions, not the hardware. On a one year subscription they should have given the hardware away.

I'll wait the Amazon service to really jump in.

Ceadeus

It's fine. My 100mb internet is good enough, just got BL3 ultimate for 0.87$ and there is no lag, almost. Incredible price though, I hope you guys bought it.

JCK75

Isn't Stadia very limited? I use GeForce Now. Haven't tested Stadia yet

My personal opinion from using every friggen cloud service since onlive.. Stadia is absolutely the revolution it claims as far as how it performs.. it's almost flawless..
I lost my interest in it purely due to all of the focus seemingly on games that could run as an app on a phone rather than more AAA titles like Cyberpunk (I need your cloud power for games that need power, not games that could run on a first gen iphone). But honestly if someone has no consoles and wants to play a game from time to time, the service is impressive.

I've tried Destiny 2 on Stadia, was probably preferable to playing the same game on PS4Pro seen as it is 60fps & the connection was wired.

Wonder how Cyberpunk is on it. Maxed RT settings?

From what I can recall Stadia is using a custom Vega GPU from AMD, so likely won't have any raytracing.

RedVIper

Banned
It's called PC gaming. DRM is either patched out at some point or can easily be removed by the user (not condoning piracy just removing the DRM from a purchased game) after the game is cracked.

It's not the same.

In an hypothetical streaming future, even if you can buy games, you can lose acess at any time if the service shuts down, you don't have access to the files.

OrtizTwelve

Google's marketing team is creative these days.

Stadia is pretty much dead with respect to consumer mindshare. Next gen console hype around PS5 and XBOX Series was the nail in the coffin for Stadia. xCloud and PS Now eventual revamp is just the dirt on the coffin as it gets buried.

The market doesn't care about Stadia.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

And there in lies the problem with streaming. And it will not go away. So no matter how quickly I can get into games (cartridges did it years ago) the lag is what keeps me away. Plus the need for a constant net connection.
Yeah, unfortunately it's the main reason I'm not coming back. As soon as it stutters , it immediately breaks the deal for me.

I mean, it does the job, but for a service that is at the expense of my internet consumption, I think it's normal to expect a flawless experience. Stadia Is not there quite yet but they're the best try.

It's not the same.

In an hypothetical streaming future, even if you can buy games, you can lose acess at any time if the service shuts down, you don't have access to the files.

At the end of the day customers dictate which way the market goes not the other way around. It may be a wet dream for publishers to have streaming only but if the consumer resists it then it won't happen.

MacReady13

Yeah, unfortunately it's the main reason I'm not coming back. As soon as it stutters , it immediately breaks the deal for me.

I mean, it does the job, but for a service that is at the expense of my internet consumption, I think it's normal to expect a flawless experience. Stadia Is not there quite yet but they're the best try.

See here's the thing- I'd rather sit and wait for my game to install data and patches over instant gaming on Stadia to get a quality gameplay experience all the time. Streaming is fine as a side experience, but to take over from console/PC gaming, I just hope that NEVER happens.

OrtizTwelve

I've always said Google's biggest mistake was NOT launching some form of dedicated physical Stadia console / gaming box that could mimic the marketing appeal of a console -- instead they kept pushing the chromecast and controller combo which just doesn't work and the general consumer doesn't get it apart from the nerds. A dedicated hardware option that is low cost and appealing would have made it for the market to understand its proposition.

Once xCloud beefs up, and PS Now eventually gets revamped, and god forbid Nintendo offer some sort of streaming service in the near future --- Stadia is done for.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

JimboJones

I've always said Google's biggest mistake was NOT launching some form of dedicated physical Stadia console / gaming box that could mimic the marketing appeal of a console -- instead they kept pushing the chromecast and controller combo which just doesn't work and the general consumer doesn't get it apart from the nerds. A dedicated hardware option that is low cost and appealing would have made it for the market to understand its proposition.

Once xCloud beefs up, and PS Now eventually gets revamped, and god forbid Nintendo offer some sort of streaming service in the near future --- Stadia is done for.
At the very least they could have offered downloadable pc versions to play locally and offer the streaming as an option

OrtizTwelve

At the very least they could have offered downloadable pc versions to play locally and offer the streaming as an option

Or just straight up go all in with an actual console hardware, that would have been interesting. They MIGHT have had something there. MAYBE.

But streaming only platforms right now are DOA. Amazon isn't going to do anything with Luna, and neither is Google with Stadia.

Nintendo, XBOX, and PlayStation have decades of exclusives locked down and cherished franchises. Unless Amazon or Google start gobbling up third party developers for exclusive content or create NEW properties (which isn't easy) -- Luna and Stadia DOA.

DESTROYA

Haven’t tried Stadia but I have dabbled with game streaming services and even with a pretty good connection I find it pretty laggy and resolution buffering very distracting.
Not interested in any type of streaming service no matter how good or bad people claim it is to be.
No thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom