• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stadia product head John Justice has left Google

Topher

Gold Member
Stadia product head John Justice has left Google - 9to5Google

Google is a sprawling company with 139,995 employees as of the first quarter of 2021. Recent personnel changes have seen new executives lead Assistant, News/Discover, Search, and Payments, while there have also been a handful of high-profile departures. One of those includes Stadia product head John Justice.

The Information today reported that Vice President and Head of Product at Stadia John Justice recently left the company. Justice joined at the start of 2019, but has yet to update LinkedIn to confirm the departure. The company provided the following statement to 9to5Google:

We can confirm John is no longer with Google and we wish him well on his next step.
In that role, Justice oversees the consumer experience for Stadia and in the past talked about what’s coming next to the game streaming service. That said, the VP in December said Google would no longer discuss features before they’re ready to avoid overpromising. Often, new additions would quietly launch days or weeks before getting announced by the company.

Abandon Ship GIF
screaming season 10 GIF

Tutomos

"With Youtube integration, Stadia is going to threaten console manufacturers."

Paraphrasing something I saw posted on internet forums.

AJUMP23

Is this the 3rd or 2nd nail in the Stadia coffin.
If this was Moby Dick would JJ be playing Quequeg

SJRB

Gold Member
Well under his watch they implemented a search bar; what more do you want?

Time to move on!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I invested in Google when I heard of Stadia, I thought they were going to hit it outside of the park, you can check my post history. I know it is a slow burn, but I am slowly losing that confidence :(

Also, I tried XCloud on iOS last night, and I came disappointed. These solutions need at least another decade to work.

Last edited:

onesvenus

Also, I tried XCloud on iOS last night, and I came disappointed. These solutions need at least another decade to work.
What's the problem? I've been playing it in Android and had quite a nice experience. It obviously depends on the type of game but I can play PES quite well for example

Thirty7ven

Banned
It’s just too soon. These companies got overly excited at the money making potential, which to be fair is there, but you know. Physics and all.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I guess they could swing over to those Google head offices and give their newfangled 'search engine' a try and maybe figure out why they are failing

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
What's the problem? I've been playing it in Android and had quite a nice experience. It obviously depends on the type of game but I can play PES quite well for example
On iOS I guess the app is not the same since it works like a browser view and the video lagged way too much. It couldn’t be the speed of my connections since this was only using 14mbps total.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
That guy ruins everything that his involed with.
Yes, it's like a containment zone for shit
I bet he thought he was signing up to the new PS1, and the return of his glory days.

I don't blame him. At the beginning I also thought they were gonna make it work, somehow. It just sounded very confident, and the idea of streaming seemed like something the powers that be were behind of.

drganon

I can see why Microsoft likes to view Google and Amazon as its real competition in gaming. It's impossible to look more incompetent in comparison.

Top Bottom