• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stalker 2 announced for 2021

Last edited:

ZiriusOne

Gaming is officially saved. Can't wait to go back to the zone.

WtJ_PvGz_400x400.jpg

A sequel to cheeki breeki? A sequel to Stalker get out of here? A sequel that is more like Shadow of Chernobyl and less like Clear sky? Sign me up. I've been waiting for a sequel forever.

bati

A sequel to cheeki breeki? A sequel to Stalker get out of here? A sequel that is more like Shadow of Chernobyl and less like Clear sky? Sign me up. I've been waiting for a sequel forever.

Modded Clear Sky is awesome. The last time I played I found a good compilation that had bugfixes, graphical enhancements and some new weapons merged to work together, but I'm not sure if it's still available anywhere.

2021? Don't even know if I'll be alive by then, way too early to announce this.

I'll take this over the "surely it's going to be released in 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007" shitshow the first game went through. The world is a better place knowing Stalker 2 is in development.

But yes, I'll have to quit smoking for real now!

Last edited:
Let's have a drink to him, he was a good S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Fuck I loved the first one. It hasn't aged well. But there was nothing like playing it in all it's jank glory on launch day. Atmosphere was something else, and yes I beat it with a launch copy.

I get the Metro games are their spiritual successors but it just hasn't felt like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to me. Metro: Exodus looks pretty tight though so I was hoping it would be like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. If not though, guess I got this to look forward to on the Xbox 2 X.

Dargor

I'll take this over the "surely it's going to be released in 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007" shitshow the first game went through. The world is a better place knowing Stalker 2 is in development.

But yes, I'll have to quit smoking for real now!

Well, just hope they don't let the hype get too crazy.
Who am I fooling, by 2021 this game is gonna be the next coming of Jesus lol

Modded Clear Sky is awesome. The last time I played I found a good compilation that had bugfixes, graphical enhancements and some new weapons merged to work together, but I'm not sure if it's still available anywhere.

I played the original modded with Oblivion Lost I believe it was. With the custom startup screen and the Resident Evil (movie) theme soundtrack playing on the title screen. That was a good mod, re-enabled the periodic zone blasts among other nasty things.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
I hope they are using a mainstream engine and not developed from the ground up. HZD or UE4 could create incredible large-scale environments.

Giant Robo

Neo Member
Awesome news. I hope it won't be PC only and that next-gen will be there already!

We saw what happened to Crysis when they started pandering to consoles instead of doubling down on what made it sell on PC. :p

I hope the devs won't have to scale back their vision as much as they had to with original s.t.a.l.k.e.r. as shown with the alpha mod.

Szajna

Neo Member
God is real ! never though i'd see this day come :) absolutly love the series,though i wish it wasnt so far away.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I just wonder where exactly GSC got money and who's funding the project, cuz they've already tried to kickstart it but failed miserably. In any case i think that this game will never see the light of the day and even if it will... big portion of GSC staff went to 4A Games to work on Metro series and... i really don't think that they still have talented developers to work on the game as they used to.

All in all, if i were you guys i wouldn't had high hopes for this game.

Last edited:
Fuck I loved the first one. It hasn't aged well.

Hasn't aged well ? Dont know what that means. But its the same unparalelled game that it was the day it came out. It mops the floor with pretty much everything in the genre. And Call of Pripyat is a masterclass lesson in gamedesign and a game that can serve as a blueprint for most everything that people complain today about open world games.

Hasnt aged well ...

Tenaciousmo

I hope it's still gonna have that jank I learned to love with the first 3 chapters. Greatest announcement I've heard in a while.

Barakov

Gold Member
A twelve year wait for a new Stalker game sounds about right. Can't wait. Well, actually I can and I will but you know.

Dontero

Banned
Be highly doubtful. Original Stalker devs are no more aside from head of studio who run business rather than designed stalker.

Secondly with 2021 date i fully expect they will go for kickstarter or something like that with no team, which basically means they will get money and run away with it.

Top Bottom