• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stalker 2 studio denies further delays, despite Xbox pre-order refunds

https://www.pcgamer.com/stalker-2-studio-denies-further-delays-despite-xbox-pre-order-refunds/
Now Xbox has begun refunding pre-orders for the game, as first reported by Polish site XGP, with a message accompanying the refunds saying that the game has been postponed until an "unconfirmed date in the future." The Xbox Store has also stopped taking pre-orders for the game entirely. This however is not an indication of anything wider than a Microsoft policy of refunding pre-orders for games without a firm release date: why it's happened now is puzzling, but that is the reason why.

This understandably sparked rumours of another Stalker 2 delay, as GSC Game World is currently in the process of relocating its main office to Prague, while the wider conflict does not yet seem close to a peaceful resolution. But GSC tells us that this is not the case.

"We had to postpone the game to 2023 with no exact release date for now," writes a GSC spokesperson. "We made the announcement at E3 Microsoft Extended show, alongside the Dev Diary and intro cutscene. Microsoft refunds preorders for the games with no exact release date. When we announce the exact release date later on, the preorders will go live again for Xbox. Pre-orders on PC (Steam, EGS, GOG) are not affected by this."

The Steam listing for the game now has something a little firmer: what was once 2023 is now December 2023. The Epic Store, meanwhile, reckons it came out about a month ago(opens in new tab).

GSC is denying there are further delays, so nothing has changed since E3. This brings up questions why MS gave the implication there was further delays and started to refund pre-orders.

Ladioss

As long as the game is not cancelled I will survive but damn, the STALKER franchise is truly cursed.

Isa

I was refunded Warhammer 40K Darktide, even though they claim its still hitting this year too. I don't know I think they'll both be next year if anything and PC first. I think Stalker 2 is possible vaporware. Hope its not but with the way things are who knows.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Isn't it the first time we can risk not getting a game because the developers are participating in an actual war?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Isn't it the first time we can risk not getting a game because the developers are participating in an actual war?

Probably.

But there has been an update. A developer has said they are still tracking for 2023

Top Bottom