• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat - Misery Mod (Releases Jan 13th) | Get Back In Here Stalker!

Anyone else getting artifacts all over the screen when "sun shadow" is turned on?

edit: turning off DX11 lighting seems to have fixed it

I get a lock-up whenever I select dynamic lighting or above, but it might be an ATI mobility issue combined with perhaps things like the Sun Shadow option. Will experiment over the weekend.

So what class is everyone playing as? I went a sniper since I've always preferred long range combat in STALKER games, but it seems it'll be a bit of a pain in this. You start off with five bullets for your rifle and ammo seems reeeeally hard to come by. I'll stick with it for now and see how it goes.

Playing an Assaulter, with 20 bullets to my name for my AK-105 IIRC.

I found the source of my lock-up troubles when enabling the dynamic lighting...it WAS the sun shadows. Maybe a little too much for my Mobility. Switched off and damn, the game looks moody as hell now, so when it's industrial-strength moody with static lighting, it's goddamn Soviet-strength moody now.

Hulud

Sunk some serious time into this today. Got into an hour-long firefight (including reloading saves after dying...a lot) with some mercenaries during one of the early missions. I really need new armor, this military coat isn't cutting it.

I'm lovin' it.

I will give it a shot. Hope it works I have had horrible luck when it comes to COP and Stability.

COP would crash within 5 minutes every time.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Killed two bandits, who were trying to kill me with their shotguns from afar. Picked up the shotgun, killed 5 stalkers in a row from close distance. This mod seems to be easier than vanilla.

Killed two bandits, who were trying to kill me with their shotguns from afar. Picked up the shotgun, killed 5 stalkers in a row from close distance. This mod seems to be easier than vanilla.

You're just too good, then, Sub! :D

I'm certainly taking my time and playing the part of investigator...spend most of my time with binoculars equipped than a rifle.

subversus

You're just too good, then, Sub! :D

I'm certainly taking my time and playing the part of investigator...spend most of my time with binoculars equipped than a rifle.

they increased weapon damage so this plays a great part in me being good. Shotguns were worthless in vanilla and they were totally useless in Clear Sky. Also RO2 taught me well.

subversus

lol dogs are dangerous now. Still one shot from a shotgun directly in the head and that is all.

The game definitely requires planning though because of scarce resources. You need to stock up on meds and food first and foremost. Especially meds. Ammo aren't that important now because they are lethal and you need less of them.

Xanathus

So do you REALLY have to hide every NPC you kill, in order to avoid zombies? And what exactly constitutes a safe spot to hide them?
Seems like that would get tiresome, not to mention the lowered carrying capacity

Probably way too late to answer this but I see no one else has done it. Zombies in STALKER aren't undead stuff, they're actually living humans who have had their brains fried/controlled so you don't need to hide corpses, it just applies to living humans.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I've tried installing this two times and it keeps desktop crashing. I've got the steam version so is there a way around to get it working?
EDIT: I've noticed the old complete mod folder was in there so I am completely deleting the folder and trying again. Hopefully it'll work.

I've tried installing this two times and it keeps desktop crashing. I've got the steam version so is there a way around to get it working?
EDIT: I've noticed the old complete mod folder was in there so I am completely deleting the folder and trying again. Hopefully it'll work.

Yeah, I think that does cause some conflicts. Should work if you remove the data folder or perhaps any trace of the complete mod.

Just had a ridiculous "I cannot believe that just happened!" moment.
Met Grouse to investigate a missing Stalker and happened upon a lair full of sleeping bloodsuckers. As we're creeping through these upright, slumbering monsters...my thumb accidentally swipes the surface of my laptop trackpad. And the 12 gauge I had out discharged, waking the brood.

Needless to say, I holstered any weapon when I hit the reload.

Truant

Hey Stalker, go investigate the strange glow over there.

Ok.

Hey, found an artifact.

Stallker #2 enters.

Hey dude, I really need that artifact.

Nah, brah. Don't know what you're talking about.

Stalker #3, #4 and #5 enter.

Stalker is dead in less than two seconds.

THIS GAME

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I think that does cause some conflicts. Should work if you remove the data folder or perhaps any trace of the complete mod.

Just had a ridiculous "I cannot believe that just happened!" moment.
Met Grouse to investigate a missing Stalker and happened upon a lair full of sleeping bloodsuckers. As we're creeping through these upright, slumbering monsters...my thumb accidentally swipes the surface of my laptop trackpad. And the 12 gauge I had out discharged, waking the brood.

Needless to say, I holstered any weapon when I hit the reload.

Yup, the folder left inside was the reason why it crashed. After deleting the whole STALKER:COP folder, it worked fine after installing again. Can't wait to play this bad boy now!

So does this have any additional graphical improvements over the I work Alone mod?

I think it has a good number of custom graphical overhauls, plus it takes from the I Work Alone mod - as you mentioned - and a few other projects, like the Atmosfear environmental/weather overhaul.

subversus

the game doesn't get enough praise for its AI. It's very interesting to watch shootouts. I waited until bandits kill all STALKERs and witnessed an entertaining standoff between the last members of each faction. When the bandit finally ended the stalker I killed him thinking there is nobody around to see. I looted all bodies and THEN I noticed another bandit coming from behind the fence. He saw me... and fled! I followed him cautiously but lost trail in the village. Then I decided to search on the other side of the village and saw him on the bridge coming back. I crouched with my pistol and waited but he saw me and fled again! That was soooo good. I definitely don't remember such stuff in vanilla.

Is it really as simple as increasing bullet damage and limited ammo? Sure sounds like it. Will wait for Oblivion Lost 2.0.

you can see features list in OP.

I feel like such a bastard.

It was raining, that glorious Zone rain that burns the hairs off your chest as soon as the Zone itself put them there. Thick fog had radically curbed visibility and had made my traversal across a swamp towards a small collection of hilltop ruins an even spookier affair than it usually is.

I heard gunfire atop the hill and cautiously made my way up towards the plateau to find a long range encounter between some Stalkers and a group of bandits coming up the road. The bandits fell first, but not before taking out two Stalkers. The remaining Stalker went to check and scavenge from the bodies of his friends, walked up to a mortally wounded bandit and shot him (I was kind of agape at that, so awesome, so cold!). Then I saw it.

I couldn't help it. I was overcome. This Stalker bastard, whoever he was, had an FN2000.

So I stole up behind him and shot him in the back of the head and took that magnificent gun. It's a bit tough to source the ammo for it, as it's a 5.56 NATO round, rather than the relatively more plentiful 5.45...but damn, that scope is useful.

I am indeed a bastard.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
So I've only got this mod installed now. What's the best mods out there to really hit the atmosphere and best detail/graphics for the game, from fellow stalkers here?

TheExodu5

Banned
I haven't tried it with this mod yet, but I recall that when Complete came out, there was a way to greatly improve load times and reduce stutter: take all the /bin folder content and put it in the main game directory, and use a cracked exe.

edit: nope...doesn't seem to help.

Just to ask again, what classes are people playing? I'm having a lot of fun with the Assaulter, but damn, I've made some stupid decisions! I forget the name of that intense health recharge syringe in the inventory from the beginning of the game, but I used it out in the field when approaching a Mercenary base.

Do not do that. At least, do not inject the contents of that syringe without a) finding a safe place and b) have enough food for the ridiculous hunger that'll beset you when you wake up from your near overdose. I squatted in the cement sabo slip that ran up towards the Merc base, near midday, and injected. Shit got weird, I fell backwards and woke up six hours later the rapidly darkening chill of the evening, utterly famished with blurred vision and not even a strip of irradiated pork to chew.

I should have turned back, but like an idiot, I went to scout out the outskirts of the base. I couldn't keep straight vision, kept shaking my head to concentrate...and couldn't make out some Mercs getting a bead on me.

Needless to say, I got shot. And bled out on a hillside, with an empty stomach and many regrets.

MGHA

Just to ask again, what classes are people playing? I'm having a lot of fun with the Assaulter, but damn, I've made some stupid decisions! I forget the name of that intense health recharge syringe in the inventory from the beginning of the game, but I used it out in the field when approaching a Mercenary base.

Do not do that. At least, do not inject the contents of that syringe without a) finding a safe place and b) have enough food for the ridiculous hunger that'll beset you when you wake up from your near overdose. I squatted in the cement sabo slip that ran up towards the Merc base, near midday, and injected. Shit got weird, I fell backwards and woke up six hours later the rapidly darkening chill of the evening, utterly famished with blurred vision and not even a strip of irradiated pork to chew.

I should have turned back, but like an idiot, I went to scout out the outskirts of the base. I couldn't keep straight vision, kept shaking my head to concentrate...and couldn't make out some Mercs getting a bead on me.

Needless to say, I got shot. And bled out on a hillside, with an empty stomach and many regrets.

At least you died with honor.

New patch. Not sure what to think...a vocal minority of wimpy stooges in the ModDB comments section appear to forced the poor dev's hand a little, in regards to lessening certain elements:

* Stamina drain is now far less punishing when walking, jogging and sprinting

* Equipment and weapon condition accepted for trading lowered from 90% to 75%

* Food ressources are now more satiating. The effect is raised by 10-50% depending on the type.
(Remember that fresh water, tea and cigarettes also subsides your hunger)

* "USS Sniper" enters The Zone with 25 rounds (raised by 20 rounds)

* All non-english installations of CoP are now using the modded texts (like weapon descriptions)

* FAMAS rifle can now be equipped with a silencer

* Aiming of the "Mosin Nagant", "Scorpion" and "SKS" is now aligned correctly.

* Damage caused by knife is lowered to be the same as a 9x18 caliber shot

* New textures for guitars

* New sound effect for knife attack and detectors (draw/holster)

* Correct 'ogg commenting' added to several ambient sound effects

My copy is running sweet as a nut, so I'm not patching it up unless something is broken down the line. I want to play the original vision!

Linkup

Are there any other mods I can combine with this one, something that perhaps gives the weapons higher res textures?

Really enjoying this even though it is very punishing.

subversus

Are there any other mods I can combine with this one, something that perhaps gives the weapons higher res textures?

Really enjoying this even though it is very punishing.

graphics mods should work I think, but I'm not sure.

Applying this patch now because stamina shouldn't deplete when you WALK with 17 kilos. Are you a soldier or do they send only cannon fodder in the Zone?

Mafro

Anyone else have the problem of it constantly crashing to desktop when loading a save? Got fed up and uninstalled due to this.

Applying this patch now because stamina shouldn't deplete when you WALK with 17 kilos. Are you a soldier or do they send only cannon fodder in the Zone?

You make a convincing argument, Sub.

Hmm. But I don't want to tempt fate. Assaulter class has no real issues at the moment, and I don't want to break anything in some post-patch domino effect. You've had no issues thus far?

Varna

Lucky I ran into this thread. This mod is incredibly brutal and intense. I don't remember any STALKER variation looking this good either (though I have been playing nothing but SWTOR so everything looks incredible by comparison).

Game is running fantastic all maxed out. Quick question and I know this is related to the engine in general. Any way to get rid of the hitching? It runs fine and at random points it's like I hit a loading screen and it just freezes up for a second before continuing.

Linkup

Anyone else have the problem of it constantly crashing to desktop when loading a save? Got fed up and uninstalled due to this.

I've uninstalled and reinstall the game four times now because of my frustration with bugs. Half the time it didn't even start up and this time the bugs were really no different with more RAM and a new GPU. I just uninstalled again and gave up yesterday. I love the game and this mod was a blast, but I can't put up with it anymore.

subversus

You make a convincing argument, Sub.

Hmm. But I don't want to tempt fate. Assaulter class has no real issues at the moment, and I don't want to break anything in some post-patch domino effect. You've had no issues thus far?

well, I haven't played since I installed the patch, waiting for the weekend.

Mafro

I've uninstalled and reinstall the game four times now because of my frustration with bugs. Half the time it didn't even start up and this time the bugs were really no different with more RAM and a new GPU. I just uninstalled again and gave up yesterday. I love the game and this mod was a blast, but I can't put up with it anymore.
It's a shame really, because when the mod works it's fantastic. I just don't wan't to find myself fucked later on in the game when I'm near the end and can't load any saves.

Bazza

Gonna be downloading this tonight, wasn't aware it was even in the works which makes my surprise of what's in the mod even greater.

I have just got to find time for this and TOR now.

Varna

This mod is incredible. I never remember STALKER looking this good even with the complete mod.

I'm going to sound like a little bitch for asking this, but any way to up the weight limit? The normal method doesn't seem to be working. I just need like 10 more. :(

Odrion

Banned
Jesus, the atmosphere this mod gives to CoP puts it on the same level as the first game.

I did have to create a new game because my first attempt left me starving and sleep deprived in the middle of no where. But once I figured things out, it all became much more manageable.

Maybe I'll have to share some Stalker stories.

Top Bottom