• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Standing Rock: 250 tribes protest pipeline. Violence and arrests. Bail/counsel denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

DpadD

Banned
Can someone make a thread about Amy Goodmans arrest warrant?

It's a very serious issue imo and deserves more attention.

Shit like this shouldn't just be brushed off.

commedieu

Banned
So press is being arrested for reporting on something that powerful people did not want reported on...

Any whenever conspiracy theories are tossed around, people scoff...

Do we, as a general populace, really have a firm understanding of the true nature of things in this country?

Lol. Nope. Take one look at that "does the military protect America's freedom" thread.

Someone should make a thread about it.. I can't atm.

rYiw85X.jpg

Holy mother of God.

That would be a travesty. Where is the second image located? Or is that just a potential mockup? It's hard to tell, little grainy on my phone.
huge parts of Alberta have been turned into that muck

Surprise, surprise, construction is still occuring, and armed police in riot gear are now on scene to make sure to keep everyone on edge.

Lots of folks apparently arrested.

https://www.facebook.com/BernieSandersBrigade/videos/1451921058157673/

Seems like Bernie Sanders talked about it yesterday, so a bunch of his folks are piling on. Again, any attention is good.

Shit, no fucks given. Even if the federal government comes to bear, it'll be nothing more than a wrist slap for these assholes.

Media

Shit, no fucks given. Even if the federal government comes to bear, it'll be nothing more than a wrist slap for these assholes.

I really hope the feds speaking out was actually what they wanted and not lip service to try and cool the viral movement:(

leroidys

Surprise, surprise, construction is still occuring, and armed police in riot gear are now on scene to make sure to keep everyone on edge.

Lots of folks apparently arrested.

https://www.facebook.com/BernieSandersBrigade/videos/1451921058157673/

Seems like Bernie Sanders talked about it yesterday, so a bunch of his folks are piling on. Again, any attention is good.

It's the Black Hills all over again. Either of the presidential candidates commented on this?

Saganator

It's really sad and frustrating how little is being said about this. This should be major news but all we hear about is Hillary's cough and Trump's big fucking mouth.

Media

It's the Black Hills all over again. Either of the presidential candidates commented on this?

The 'Obama administration' is the closest we've got, in asking for the company to halt work. Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein have both spoken about it, but neither of the two that I am aware of.

cj_iwakura

It's really sad and frustrating how little is being said about this. This should be major news but all we hear about is Hillary's cough and Trump's big fucking mouth.
It's no coincidence. Oil companies have a lot of money to convince media to look elsewhere.

Son1x

Damn this really is terrible. Oil companies can go to hell. I wish I could do more than spread the word and donate.

Media

Hearing reports that over a dozen people have been arrested by the National Guard as construction continues. Will try to find a source and link when I get home.

Hearing reports that over a dozen people have been arrested by the National Guard as construction continues. Will try to find a source and link when I get home.

What could they be possibly be charged with?! Considering the Federal stance, the construction is the illegal action.

Media

Forgive my ignorance but I thought Obama ordered a stop to construction? How can it continue?

Here's didn't order. He asked. And not him, his administration. He hasn't personally said anything about this, not publicly.

People are wondering now if the announcement was a way to get the heat down off the building social media presence. If so, it worked. Non-native advocates were like 'Whew! Obama's on it, my work here is done. On to something else!'

At least Sanders is still holding pressure.

Media

Biggest tribe gathering since Little Bighorn...No one cares. It's bizzare.

This is fucking incredible to me. Baffling. Look at this. This is what it looks like there now.

U5ChWPc.jpg

65w74d4.jpg

jTSCnXM.jpg

HOW IS THIS NOT TOP HEADLINES EVERYWHERE?!

I am so fucking frustrated I could scream. People are being denied access to their lawyers, and no one fucking cares!

This is fucking incredible to me. Baffling. Look at this. This is what it looks like there now.

n0CkPeY.jpg

HOW IS THIS NOT TOP HEADLINES EVERYWHERE?!

I am so fucking frustrated I could scream. People are being denied access to their lawyers, and no one fucking cares!

Media

Man. The media is fucking dirty. It really is a tragedy that the media is shit. This is huge. And it's invisible to a country that owes it to Native Americans.

Sorry I got the wrong picture >.< It's SO FUCKING hard to get real information when trusted news orgs aren't covering it.

Can you guys edit your posts to hide my shame? Ha.

Media

(This was the picture they posted.)

U5ChWPc.jpg

Thank you for that man, I couldn't find it again. Like I said, it's so hard to vet info because of the lack of media coverage. I had to reverse image search it to find out what it actually was, because I questioned the source. I can't even be sure about the 'being denied lawyers' thing, but everyone is talking about it. All the main sites are saying it like it's confirmed, but who fucking knows? Maybe if, I dunno, some actual news people would show up? Ugh.

/frustrated rant
/deep breath

Sorry guys, I'll go back to being super nice >.<

id of really had no idea if i didnt have facebook friends who attended and were live streaming from standing rock. theres the red warrior face book group, idk where to get good info from either

I wonder if more journalists don't want to cover it because of the arrest warrant issued against Amy Goodman (unless there was more to that story).

EDIT: I guess she's being charged with trespassing...

Media

I wonder if more journalists don't want to cover it because of the arrest warrant issued against Amy Goodman (unless there was more to that story).

EDIT: I guess she's being charged with trespassing...

Yeah, which is totally bullshit as well. How often are journalists charged with trespassing for getting news? I mean, remember when all those big time reporters broke into a house live on air and rifled through people's belongings, even showing personal information live on air? But no, Goodman takes video of protestors being attacked and suddenly that's where they draw the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom