• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Star Citizen is in financial distress. Takes out new loan to fund operations now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Pants

Jun 8, 2011
I don't even know what to say.
100 million wasn't enough? I still don't understand kickstarter and the people who participate in it

FriskyrumX

Banned
Nov 10, 2016
Isn't Derek Smart that one dude that continuously bashes Star Citizen every chance he can get?

Esit: Yeah... this thread surely is going to go places.

Dinjoralo

Nov 22, 2014
Derek smart was the guy that left the dev team, right? I remember him saying all sorts of crazy things.

Muffin1611

Banned
Jul 6, 2016
Lol op, google who Derek Smart is. Not a reliable source at all.

Derek Smart is one of the biggest frauds in video gaming I know of. Digital Homicide level.

FlutterPuffs

Apr 6, 2011
I dont think Star Citizen will ever be finished, but yeah. It's Derek Smart.

Needs a better source for this.

May 21, 2014
Derek Smart... who famously got called out on his lies by the Star Citizen devs and utterly smacked down by their lawyers in the past when spreading falsehoods.

I don't know how legit this is... It would DEFINITELY be super troubling if true.

SenjutsuSage

Jan 23, 2010
I've been hearing about this mythical game forever, not fully knowing what it is all about, but each year that passes I'm thinking surely this thing has released already. When is it going to be released? Why would anyone believe it's ever going to be released?

Gravy100

Jan 14, 2015
Isn't Derek Smart the guy that tried to make a space game in the vein of Elite and Wing Commander in the 90s (battlecruiser 3000?) but it was a buggy shitshow?

Justinh

Nov 7, 2013
I don't have much faith in this project but I have absolutely no faith in Derek Smart.

Ie: Don't believe his lies gif
This is along the way I feel.
I hope it finally does come out someday, but I've just written it off in my mind so I don't get too disappointed when it doesn't. I think Squadron 42 (or whatever it was called) sounds really cool.
How can people still fall for this? When you see Derek Smart..you are not smart.

https://abload.de/img/thinkingguy59uni.jpg
"When your name is Smart, you don't have to worry that people will never call you smart."

Muffin1611

Banned
Jul 6, 2016
Derek Smart is the ultimate projector. Just look at Line of Defense. German Gamestar had a pretty good article about it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.