• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen PAX dogfight gameplay footage

x-Lundz-x

OMFG...WOW

My inner 13 year old self just screamed with joy. This may not be Wing Commander, but it's Wing Commander!!!

My god this game looks great. Glad I bought in early with the Kickstarter. I think the official release of this will be exactly when I do a full upgrade and rebuild of my PC.

Clott

It looks gorgeous, but kind of boring, I mean you get to press a button but what you hit can be so far away from you, so it's kind of like shooting a gun at a range.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I wonder the specs of the PC he's using. Game is so gorgeous, hopefully my laptop is ready.

RAIDEN1

Is this PS4 Xbox 1 bound? How inferior would the ports be if this was ported to those systems?

This is Wing Commander the next generation in all but name..

soontroll

Banned
How is this game even real? Cryengine is amazing.

yOfhZIM.png

Dio

Banned
I think I would get sick of the same canned animation that lasts like 40 seconds long every time I get in a ship.

RS4-

I wonder if you can power down your ship in space and look 'dead' just to catch other players off guard.

Dio

Banned
I wonder if you can power down your ship in space and look 'dead' just to catch other players off guard.

It'd just create the Spy effect, where everyone shells/shoots/flamethrowers everything just in case it can attack you.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Is this PS4 Xbox 1 bound? How inferior would the ports be if this was ported to those systems?

It was stated from day one that this would be a PC only game, a game that makes no concessions to any possible console ports.

I don't usually subscribe to the "PC master race" mentality, but this is kind of one of those scenarios. There are few more compelling reasons to make the switch from console gaming.

BearPawB

Banned
Game is pretty. But cheering? Really? I had no idea people were so excited for this (although, I guess the money it's earned has proved it)

The fact that it will be moving to 64bit geometry precision in the future kinda rules out consoles. Last gen Cryengine had to have 16bit precision for console version of Cryengine. I have a hard time imagining that the cpus of the new consoles could really deal with the massive CPU strain this game will cause. Graphically, it would be just a simple matter of turning down some Cvars... but CPu wise... eh

Grief.exe

Game is pretty. But cheering? Really? I had no idea people were so excited for this (although, I guess the money it's earned has proved it)

They had a special event set up with an open bar. Apparently they had technical difficulties for about an hour and a half before this demo went on, the crowd was getting unruly near the end.

Star Citizen lead would 'definitely consider' PlayStation 4 port

"[The PlayStation 4]'s a nice piece of hardware, but I think it's going to be hard for them to go much less than $400 without taking a massive loss on it," Roberts told GI.biz. "The good news is that it's essentially a PC, so that means PC owners will get much better ports of console games. I'm not a PC elitist by any means; if I could be on the PS4, and they were open, and I could do the updating and all the sort of stuff we're trying to do on Star Citizen, then I would definitely consider putting it on PS4, because it's essentially a PC with a friendlier operating system."

Wow.

Game audiences are always liek this. Watch last year's Dragon Age footage. People were cheering for very simple things.

Dio

Banned

People are desperate to see footage of something with 37 million dollars of kickstarter money dumped into it.

So far, I see a divided group of people, one side of people laughing at the shitty, all-graphics buggy mess they carted out for PAX, and one side who sees a hell of a lot of potential behind that buggy mess.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Honestly not that impressed by that. Looks great graphically I guess. But art design isn't exactly my cup of tea. Elite Dangerous simply looks better in every regard from what we've seen, most especially in gameplay though.

As time goes on I'm more and more mad that I forgot to Kickstart ED and only kickstarted this. I'm gonna get them both but ED continues to impress me and looks like the game that will be far more in line with my tastes than SC. Which is odd because Wing Commander was what brought me to the genre way back when and I was a huge fan and never really touched the Elite series growing up.

Seanspeed

Banned
This is what was stated:

As far as consoles go Star Citizen will never be on the PS3 or Xbox 360. As for the next gen consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, we have NO CURRENT PLANS, but my stance remains open and is consistent with the many interviews I’ve given -

IF the platform holders (Sony & Microsoft) allow us to update the code and data without restrictions and odious time consuming QC procedures, IF they allow our community to openly interact with each other across platforms then I would CONSIDER supporting them.

So it probably wont happen, but its not impossible.

Top Bottom