• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Citizen redefine "ahead of it's time", Needs The Industry To Catch Up To It

Woo-Fu

Banned
$350,000,000 from selling virtual items in a virtual game. That's mind-boggling. Talk about a great example of, "The heart wants what the heart wants."

I'm surprised other companies aren't trying harder to exploit this obviously pent-up demand. Any of the big publishers could turn out a good game in the genre in ~3-4 years and presumably make a killing. Elite Dangerous seems to have done just that.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wait, this game still exists? The dream is cool, but 2030 can't come soon enough for its release.....

Tschumi

I'm not living for this game, so i don't mind its delays.. I'm sure it'll be fun in its way when it finally drops.

I think Eve online would have basically been star citizen eventually if they backed up their integration concepts for that console FPS embro-game dust whatsit

Top Bottom