• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox Zero Delayed to Q1 2016

jnWake

It'll be a shame if this game is bad. I have very fond memories of Star Fox SNES and 64. Never played a Star Fox game after that though haha. However, I've played lots of Kid Icarus Uprising so Star Fox has a tough competitor there.

Man this makes me sad.

I really wish they would just hold off and polish it for the NX. The Wii U isn't going to sell gang busters because a Star Fox game is released. On that note, I don't even see the game itself selling very well.

That's the truth. This game isn't really high on anyone's list. Leave it in the oven.

Paper Mario is my favorite RPG franchise. The "bad stuff" matters a lot more to the "good", for me personally.
Thats ludicrous... Miyamoto has so much significance shit under his belt nobody even come close.. who next Kojima? 😂😂😂

Thats ludicrous... Miyamoto has so much significance shit under his belt nobody even come close.. who next Kojima? ������

What people don't get is that all those young up and coming studs and studettes of game design from Nintendo(e.g. Splatoon ), where do they think they learned that and from whom???

random25

Maybe they are adding a mini-game where Bayonetta is riding on top of an Arwing, where you have a first person view of her behind using the Wii U gamepad screen.

I can still wait if the rumors of the delay are true as long as they are making it better than ever (which I'm sure they are doing). Playing a lot of RPGs these days are keeping me busy anyway.

Conezays

This delay has mainly upset me as Amazon.ca sends me 1-2 emails a day about its delay from "December 29, 2015." I've complained and asked a couple times to stop the notifications to no avail :p Fingers crossed the game is good though.

Seik

Banned
Nope nope nope.

NOPE.

This game will come out in April.

People will love it, it'll rate tenouttaten and sell MILLIONS of copies.

Duckroll will apologize to GAF and bow before Miyamoto's brilliance.

THE END.

:lol

AdanVC

Project Robot, Project Guard and Star Fox all seem to be going well

Holy krabs I totally forgot about those Miyamoto's experiments-game-things. I appreciate Miyamoto's effort to always create unique gameplay experiences but those two projects looked really lame tbh.

Griss

Project Robot, Project Guard and Star Fox all seem to be going well

I remember that E3 where Miyamoto showed off all that esoteric crap away from the main show. It was like Nintendo were trying to hide the fact that he'd gone totally off the reservation or something.

It was such an odd way to reveal three projects, and each looked super-rough. Here we are before the release of one of them, and initial demo reports are as underwhelming as the first reveal.

Get it together Miyamoto. You're one of my heroes :(

udivision

Thats ludicrous... Miyamoto has so much significance shit under his belt nobody even come close.. who next Kojima? 😂😂😂

I was talking about the recent games. It would be ludicrous to say that one faltering franchise somehow dwarfs all his other gaming accomplishments. I hope no one thinks that way.

As someone who doesn't care for Pikmin, and hasn't been impressed by Star Fox so far, I have a less positive outlook on his recent stuff so far.

I was talking about the recent games. It would be ludicrous to say that one faltering franchise somehow dwarfs all his other gaming accomplishments. I hope no one thinks that way.

As someone who doesn't care for Pikmin, and hasn't been impressed by Star Fox so far, I have a less positive outlook on his recent stuff so far.
Thats the way Iam reading the post regarding the "brilliance " sorry to you or anyone else who I misread.

There's been one delay. Ocarina of Time was also delayed at one point
Yes there was one of nearly half a year, and now there's apparently talks of another. That's a big part of the negativity here.

And I don't recall OoT being subjected to a volley of mixed/negative reception upon reveal and persisting throughout development. Games get delayed all the time but there's a big difference between the public opinion of a game that looks fundamentally sound being delayed as opposed to one which seems noticeably rough, of which there are also multiple examples which would probably fit this situation better.

So much negativity about a game that no one has even played.

The non-believers will be met with smite. Not by hand or fire, but by their own minds as they bare witness to the undeniable truth.

They will fall to their knees and exclaim "I can finally see!", though overwhelmed with raw emotion and blinded by the tears cascading their display... the brilliance will radiate through it all.

And it might all be entirely baseless.
Yes it might be. But I was just commenting on the palpable negativity.

Some people are just wanting to hate the game.
I don't think it's people wanting to hate the game without reason so much as them being very disappointed in how the game seems to be shaping up and the general direction the developers have chosen to take it.

213372bu

Banned
The power of name reputation at work. If a game project is in trouble and someone you respect and idolize is involved, it must be because in spite of all his brilliant efforts, the project is not going the right way. Everyone else is to blame. If a game project is going really well and the game looks awesome and someone you respect and idolize is involved, it must be because of his brilliant guidance and leadership that the game turned out that way. Everyone else was just following his lead. Yup.

Nevermind the actual directors, producers, game designers, programmers, artists, level designers, etc working on a game. None of them can compare to the power of Miyamoto's brilliance even though no one knows what the heck he even does on individual projects these days other than managing overall development on a studio level. Lol.

Why are you always on a roll?

It's sad when I see posts like this, and I actually think they're serious. What a sad, pathetic lot we've become.

and it's all thanks to
kJGWF1e.png

Dmax3901

It's nice they want to appease the loyal fans who own Wii U's but the cats out of the bag in terms of the NX coming soon and the Wii U being dead in the water. There's no rush Nintendo, we've come to terms with the Wii U's lackluster library and lifespan, release the game when it's good or cancel it, don't rush it out it won't solve anything.

What's the reason for this thread bump? All I see are posts speculating the value of this game (even though none of them have played it...)

HoJu

They should just scrap whatever this game currently is, take Sin and Punishment 2 and change the characters to arwings and call it Star Fox Zero.

It's nice they want to appease the loyal fans who own Wii U's but the cats out of the bag in terms of the NX coming soon and the Wii U being dead in the water. There's no rush Nintendo, we've come to terms with the Wii U's lackluster library and lifespan, release the game when it's good or cancel it, don't rush it out it won't solve anything.

Since when is the Wii U library "lackluster"?

Keep delaying it Nintendo. Learn from Capcom's mistake people will complain no matter how good the game is. Also somebody reign in Miyamoto and make sure this is a full game and not some mini-game tech demo fest for his gamepad controls.

I agree everything but the "lackluster" part. Come on bro, the Wii U first and second party games have been awesome. The Wii U has a great library if you don't count the absence of third party games.

Lol. I remember when Miyamoto said they would need a year to complete the game when it was teased at E3 2014. I love Miyamoto but he is horrible when it comes to development timetables (as is Aonuma... Three years for console Zeldas? Ha!). Don't forget Pikmin 4 is close to completion as well, which means we'll probably get it in 2018.

Dmax3901

Since when is the Wii U library "lackluster"?

I agree everything but the "lackluster" part. Come on bro, the Wii U first and second party games have been awesome. The Wii U has a great library if you don't count the absence of third party games.

I 100% agree with both of you, I'm speaking more in terms of third-party support. And throwaway titles like Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis.

RomanceDawn

Come on just delay it, they can't release another wack Star Fox.

I've been asking for a new Star Fox every year since the Wii was revealed. It's been so long now I feel like I would happily wait 3 more years for this game if it meant that it would end up being phenomenal.

I'm just happy to know it exists. Although so did Star Fox 2...

The1Ski

The non-believers will be met with smite. Not by hand or fire, but by their own minds as they bare witness to the undeniable truth.

They will fall to their knees and exclaim "I can finally see!", though overwhelmed with raw emotion and blinded by the tears cascading their display... the brilliance will radiate through it all.

Was that Donald Trump?

Top Bottom