• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean 4 4K/HD remaster coming to PS4 and PC in Japan

DKHF

Star Ocean: The Last Hope 4K/HD remaster (digital only) is releasing on PS4 and PC in Japan on November 28 for 2800 yen. It's the international version of the game. PS4 Pro can play it in up to 4K, base PS4 "full HD". On the PC version you can remove the UI and take screenshots (photo mode basically). Trophy and Steam achievement support.

d4d0292e8b123ba74de88309e57cf5e1_tb.jpg

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20020092.html

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V3KnCr2xQ0

graywolf323

wish they'd give us SO1 & 2 instead :-/

edit: I know SO2 came to PS4 in Japan and it sucks that it didn't come to the West >_<

Fuck yes, will buy on PC for sure.

I fucking loved SO4...I know I'm in a minority though lol.

Same. I guess it helped that my first time was International version and so I could avoid the awful english dub. Damn character art was bad though.

Aru

SO4 was so much fun for me :)
Don’t know if I would play it again, but it’s nice to see Star Ocean on PC :)

poncle

Great news, hope it will be released in the west too!
Will be great on PC with all that pointless grinding modded out.

Pooya

Did tri-ace make this? Are they still alive? It's on their propriety engine, I'm guessing it's not outsourced.

Of all things to remaster, they do this shit though?

cm osi

that's not a game i'm gonna buy again.

i enjoyed it, killed the ethereal queen and got all the endings (iirc) but i'm not gonna play it again

Cikay

I'd rather replay 5 than deal with the likes of Edge, Faize, and Lymle again. And Meracle. Heck the entire cast was pretty much insufferable.

Yeah ok but if you skip the cut-scenes, SO4 is actually a good Star Ocean, with multiple planets, a lot of locations, dungeons and content.

SO5 felt so small and had no sense of a grand scale and epic adventure. That's really bad for a Star Ocean.

Looks like tri-Ace is remastering their old games these days.

I would love to see a complete experience of Infinite Undiscovery, the way tri-Ace wanted to make before meeting the deadline by MS.

ViciousDS

Banned
sweet......the one that actually has camera cut, cutscenes

star ocean 5 I couldn't survive more than 30 minutes......static cameras in conversations and everything destroyed it for me.

OrionX

I think I've had my fill of this game. I nearly drove myself to the edge of insanity to get the platinum for it. Ah, memories~

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yeah ok but if you skip the cut-scenes, SO4 is actually a good Star Ocean, with multiple planets, a lot of locations, dungeons and content.

SO5 felt so small and had no sense of a grand scale and epic adventure. That's really bad for a Star Ocean.

I'd say SO4 was what I imagined from SO: actual space travel. None of the other SO games fulfilled my desire for interplanetary travel. Minus the cutscenes of course.

Tsunamo

Plot aside I had a lot of fun with the gameplay.

Might endup picking it up again considering I had to suffer through the long loadtimes and diskswapping of the 360 version if it comes West.

Top Bottom