• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean E3 2016 Trailer

MilkBeard

This video looks good. I think I'm gonna play this game if I have time.

EDIT: Faces aren't that bad. Looks miles better than SO4.

Bladenic

The VA in the trailer alone sounds astronomically better than SO4. The faces, well, yeah. It sucks cuz the character art is beautiful but in-game, not so much.

MilkBeard

The fact that this game is not a ginormous 60-100 hour RPG is actually enticing. I don't have a lot of time when this comes out, so a decent, 20-30 hour RPG sounds about right.

Xilium

Still skeptical about the kid being so central to the story (or being in the game at all really) but I generally like the Star Ocean games so I'll definitely be playing it.

The Dink

Looks better than the last one that's for sure. Probably have to check it out. That witch's outfit always makes me laugh though.

Quonny

how was the reception from japanese release?

If you know what you're getting, it seemed positive.

Smaller RPG, ~30 hours, not a huge scale, but a good story and fun combat.

Japan was negative because they were expecting some big game like SO3 with 80+ hours of content. People on GAF seemed satisfied with it.

MilkBeard

If you know what you're getting, it seemed positive.

Smaller RPG, ~30 hours, not a huge scale, but a good story and fun combat.

Japan was negative because they were expecting some big game like SO3 with 80+ hours of content. People on GAF seemed satisfied with it.

Honestly, this sounds great right now. I think maybe there is a sort of 'long game fatigue' going around with all these massive open world games. It's nice when a game is more to the point.

Exentryk

I don't know how long Setsuna is, but this game is not very long.

Oh! Still, I'm on holiday for the first half of July, so won't be able to play it regardless. Plus I'm thinking if I try to do all the side stuff, this game might have more content than Setsuna.

Hopefully there's a paper bag mode. For everyboy.

Will play though, I just already had to deal with this in Xenoblade Chronicles X. I immediately gave everyone helmets, those ugly fucks.

Ralemont

not me
Still skeptical about the kid being so central to the story (or being in the game at all really) but I generally like the Star Ocean games so I'll definitely be playing it.

fwiw this one seems like one of the least annoying jrpg kids i've seen.

Xenus

The VA in the trailer alone sounds astronomically better than SO4. The faces, well, yeah. It sucks cuz the character art is beautiful but in-game, not so much.

Eh the faces are much better then 4 as well. There are a few that look bad but on a whole they don't give nearly the creepy doll look SO4 had.

okita

This trailer seems like a low budget jrpg :/ , I will get it mainly to support the series , don't have high expectations tough

Tohsaka

This trailer seems like a low budget jrpg :/ , I will get it mainly to support the series , don't have high expectations tough

It's 1080p/60FPS with all those characters on screen, I think it looks good enough for how well it performs. It's also on PS3 in Japan, so that kinda limits how good it can look.

Guru-Guru

Banned
It is incredibly low budget. Awful textures, barren overworld/towns, a ton of reused assets (which is obviously common in most games, but when there is so little content to begin with...), and I encountered quite a few visual bugs.

Qvoth

had literally no idea this game is coming in just 2 more weeks
AU7Amsc.gif

Top Bottom