Star Trek 4 Reportedly Cancelled

Apr 8, 2006
Toronto
I think I would be more upset if Discovery wasn't starting in a week and we weren't getting that Picard show later in the year. I will get my Trek fix.

Still, I love me some Kirk/Spock/Bones adventures in space. Too bad.

Jan 9, 2018
When Star Trek 09 ended I was ready to watch another one right then and there.
Into Darkness was too late and also shit.
Beyond was in the no man's land between TV episode and Big Budget Action Movie. It needed to either drop the explodey bullshit or double down on it. I vote for the second option - cinema Star Trek should be more spectacular than the TV version.

A stellar cast was wasted.

Mar 3, 2018
Not surprised since the movie's story was supposed to involve time travel and Kirk trying to find a way to save his father. But then both Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth (for those who didn't know, he played Kirk's dad in the opening scene of ST '09) decided not to come back so you know, recasting the two primary focal characters of a story would probably not be ideal. Shame, I enjoyed all three of the reboot movies but at least we got those I suppose.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Dec 11, 2004
Get ready for Tarantino's Star Trek I guess? I didn't mind the action heavy reboot. I'm not a trekkie so admittedly, lore and canon didn't really matter much to me. The chemistry amongst the cast was the main selling point for me so if Chris Pine isn't coming back then it's probably time to shut it down

Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
Star Trek 09 ended with so much potential, I couldn't wait to see where the series would go from there.

Then Into Darkness was pretty much one of the worst movies I've ever seen in the theater and I never bothered with Beyond even though I heard it was better.

Sep 27, 2010
Well, bye. I probably would have watched another but I'm not exactly broken up that it's not happening.

The biggest problem with the reboot is that Spock was miscast. Quinto comes off as whiny and annoying. The rest of the cast is fantastic though.

Feb 22, 2018
The films were superfluous, except for the last which had some interesting themes. Not to say that Star Trek films before were all that good, but there were a few gems and they always stuck to the Star Wars conventions. These news ones were interchangeable with any other generic franchise, just action films in space.

Now if the awful STD series can die too I will be happy.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2005
I really liked some parts of Beyond. Into Darkness was kind of a mistake since that will never get out of Wrath of Khan's shadow. Still after Beyond I was hoping to see more cause they really found the characters there.

But in any case, TV Star Trek is back and that's always where it's shined so can't be too disappointed. Also have The Orville so there isn't even a void left behind here.