• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: 16 heroes found in alpha files

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Eurogamer said:
Here's the full list of characters with data found in the alpha's files:
  • Boba Fett
  • Han Solo
  • Leia
  • Luke
  • Bossk
  • Chewbacca
  • Darth Vader
  • Emperor
  • Grievous
  • Iden
  • Kylo Ren
  • Lando
  • Maul
  • Phasma
  • Rey
  • Yoda
Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-05-star-wars-battlefront-2-leak-hints-at-hero-roster

Finn is also confirmed for the game, but he's not in yet, presumably because he's one of the first free DLC characters (though Phasma is already referenced).

Feel free to start protesting until they add in Jar Jar.

5taquitos

Where the fuck is Nien Numb?

Was my favorite surprise hero from BF1

Edit: Also lol at no Obi-Wan, seriously wtf

Nev

Banned
Whoever the hell is 'Iden' over Obi Wan.

Top notch selection.

Edit: oh I see, DLC characters. So much for 'we added more cosmetic microtransactions because we're making content free so we don't split the playerbase'.

And then they made Finn and Obi Wan DLC. EA gonna EA.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Before anyone complains about it, please know that Bossk actually is ridiculously popular to use in the first Battlefront game and tends to wreck shit up when he comes in.

...Assuming this list is complete - which I really hope it isn't, as only two prequel characters would suck - then I guess Iden will be a hero by implication?

Heroes:
Han Solo
Leia
Luke
Chewbacca
Lando
Rey
Yoda

Villains:
Boba Fett
Bossk
Darth Vader
The Emperor
Grievous
Kylo Ren
Maul
Phasma

Unclear:
Iden

Good guys are one short.

Plesiades

...Assuming this list is complete - which I really hope it isn't, as only two prequel characters would suck - then I guess Iden will be a hero by implication?

Heroes:
Han Solo
Leia
Luke
Chewbacca
Lando
Rey
Yoda

Villains:
Boba Fett
Bossk
Darth Vader
The Emperor
Grievous
Kylo Ren
Maul
Phasma

Unclear:
Iden

Good guys are one short.

Redemption story confirmed.

Gravidee

There's no way that they would have Obi-wan or even Anakin absent from this game. I think it's safe to assume that this list is incomplete.

Jawmuncher

GENERAL GRIEVOUS AND PHASMA !!!
(I know phasma was coming, but still).

Got my two favorite SW characters in the game.
I'm Happy.

Rookhelm

Heroes:
Han Solo
Leia
Luke
Chewbacca
Lando
Rey
Yoda

Villains:
Boba Fett
Bossk
Darth Vader
The Emperor
Grievous
Kylo Ren
Maul
Phasma

Unclear:
Iden

Good guys are one short.

They're getting Finn at the same time they're getting Phasma (DLC)

Enthus

I don't see them throwing out any heroes from the first game. I expect Jyn, Krennic, Nien Nunb, and Greedo to show up, if not at launch, then in a later patch.

They're getting Finn at the same time they're getting Phasma (DLC)

Ah, just looked that up. Yeah then the list is clearly incomplete, they just included her in the code for whatever reason. Maybe her development is coming along faster than Finn's? (Presumably won't need to integrate as many story spoilers for her)

Trailer implies she's still a heel until the First Order though.

She's gotta helluva sense of timing if that's the case.

Clearly seeing two giant, world destroying battlestations go boom is enough for her to throw up her hands and quit.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Top notch selection.

Edit: oh I see, DLC characters. So much for 'we added more cosmetic microtransactions because we're making content free so we don't split the playerbase'.

...They're free DLC like Overwatch.

tumblr_inline_nh9tq87apl1rsbb1h.gif

mindsale

I remember Luke in Battlefront 2015 was just absurdly OP; he could stunlock Vader because he swung at twice the speed and would just annihilate all the other heroes.

Hopefully they're addressing balance.

gatti-man

Top notch selection.

The DLC will be free. It makes sense to leave so big characters out to keep the game fresh over time.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I remember Luke in Battlefront 2015 was just absurdly OP; he could stunlock Vader because he swung at twice the speed and would just annihilate all the other heroes.

Hopefully they're addressing balance.
Funnily enough, during the Cloud City DLC, Luke would get one hit killed by Dengar's rifle whack all the time.

They patched it, but it was hilarious.

Top Bottom