• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Sony Ad Leak

JimiNutz

Banned
I'd like some kind of Overwatch mode.
6 heroes vs 6 villains objective based gameplay.

Hopefully there are lots of heroes and villains in the base game. The first had too few and the DLC characters weren't the best.

Rodelero

I'd like some kind of Overwatch mode.
6 heroes vs 6 villains objective based gameplay.

Hopefully there are lots of heroes and villains in the base game. The first had too few and the DLC characters weren't the best.

I don't think they could do this idea justice as a Battlefront mode really, but I do like the idea quite a lot. Might be hard to differentiate the heroes enough though.

slimfitcasual

Neo Member
For a second I thought they went and used material from that fan made Tie Fighter animated short.

I wish.

giphy.gif

#pewpewpew

JimiNutz

Banned
I don't think they could do this idea justice as a Battlefront mode really, but I do like the idea quite a lot. Might be hard to differentiate the heroes enough though.

Yeah I did think that it may be difficult to do in Battlefront but also don't think they're likely to spin it off into its own game. Shame because I'd love to play a Star Wars version of Overwatch if done correctly.

You know a Tie pilot MC would make a lot of sense.

1. Can do a lot of Empire stuff without worrying about the main Rebel factions and canon.
2. Focusing on space and fighter stuff with a few ground missions thrown in, it would be much easier development and yet make for a more unique campaign experience.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
You know a Tie pilot MC would make a lot of sense.

1. Can do a lot of Empire stuff without worrying about the main Rebel factions and canon.
2. Focusing on space and fighter stuff with a few ground missions thrown in, it would be much easier development and yet make for a more unique campaign experience.

bet it will be more like battlefield 1 where they have campaigns for each of the troop types and vehicle types i want dat at-st campaign

I'll be interested if they un-casualify the game. Please not auto aim sticking to the opponent like glue. I don't understand why the first game was like that, I doubt people who will walk into a store and buy because 'Star Wars' have much interest in such things. They will still sell hot cakes and keep people around for longer.

I'll be interested if they un-casualify the game. Please not auto aim sticking to the opponent like glue. I don't understand why the first game was like that, I doubt people who will walk into a store and buy because 'Star Wars' have much interest in such things. They will still sell hot cakes and keep people around for longer.
The game is meant to be accessible.

Yarbskoo

If there's still no simultaneous land and space battles with multiple objectives and tons of bots everywhere I'm not really interested.

That doesn't excuse the shallowness of EA BFront
Shallowness mostly because of the lack of unlockable content drip-feed. The gunplay itself was perfect, playing on kbm it feels like a direct evolution of the original games classic gameplay and I love that. The real problems of the game came from the questionable balance and design choices, the infantry gameplay is on point.

In the Star Wars Celebration thread, someone posted a scan of a flyer which says that the Battlefront II premier will be at 2:30 pm eastern time, which is a little over 3 hours from now.

Top Bottom