• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront ["has a third person component to it"], "well in development"

Quentyn

Battlefront will be third person says gibeau. "well in development" Also states that it will alternate with BF (i think)

I think that was more a general remark. Battlefield, Titanfall and Battlefront will be in the shooter rotation in the next several years.

That is saddening. The others were FPS.

Edit: What I mean is that since the others were FPS games and DICE creates FPS games it would be good, but DICE does not make third person shooters so this is not good.

SJRB

Gold Member
Didn't Peter Moore say proper development on this game hadn't even begun when he was at Geoff during E3?

PC version was FPS by default, console versions were third person by default. Hope they keep in options for both viewpoints and let people choose like the old ones.

Orayn

Would have been nice to have both first and third like the previous ones, but I played in third ~90% of the time anyway since they gave me a neat dodge move.

so how can DICE have the time to work on BF4, Mirrors Edge and this? Being overworked is the worst thing that can happen a dev. I hope EA isnt rushing them.
2 games at the same time is ok, but 3?

TPS only?

If so, that's disappointing.

Really curious about this as well. Were they just stating that third person would still be in the game so as to appease the fans but first person would still be an option, or is it really just third person? I always played it as an FPS back in the day, and was really looking forward to DICE's version of it.

so how can DICE have the time to work on BF4, Mirrors Edge and this? Being overworked is the worst thing that can happen a dev. I hope EA isnt rushing them.

Battlefield 4 is weeks away from release. I'd seriously doubt Disney will let them release Battlefront more than a few months before the next film comes out. As far as Mirrors Edge goes, they made it clear it was a ways off when it was announced.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

They're a rapidly growing 350 person studio that was under 200 not that long ago.

Valnen

Now confirm the seamless transition from land to space and you have an epic game.

I want to see enormous battles that take place in both at the same time, with crazy Star Wars land vehicles all over the place and tons of ships to choose from in space.

Not a big fan of 3rd person on-foot combat in multiplayer games. If it's just for vehicles then that would be disappointing, but still acceptable.

FoneBone

Didn't Peter Moore say proper development on this game hadn't even begun when he was at Geoff during E3?

Yeah, OP seems like a misquote. With LucasArts only having shut down a few months ago, I don't buy that it was in development well before EA announced their licensing deal.

Top Bottom