• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II |BETA| Execute Pre-Order 66

Palpable

MY CODE WON'T WORK !!!! (Amazon.co.uk pre-order)

I called Amazon, they can't help me. What gives??

vader.jpg

Amazon isn't on the list of participating retailers..... I got fucked too.

Played one round of Galactic Assault as the GAR. I really like it, its not as different from 2015 in terms of gunplay as I thought. ADSing doesn't really do much to help you, hipfire is where its at again. Though the default Assault blaster has much more recoil and spread than any blaster in the 2015 game did.

One thing is that the blaster bolts look too small so its harder to see where your shots are going compared to the 2015 game.

mocoworm

Xbox? We're all in the same boat it seems! I have 2 codes and neither work. Hope they get it sorted by later today.

Do you get the following:

Check the instructions that came with your code. You might need to redeem it on a different web page.

TokenNotSupported
Ua9XuQOO3X1ARum4.0.4.6
2017/10/04 - 10:19:09 UTC

to any digital purchasers on any platform that is having issues with no key or pc users not having beta show up in origin library automatically:

Follow these steps:

Go to EA Help (help.ea.com).
Select Help with a Game.
Select SWBFII.
Scroll down and select Contact Us.
Choose your platform.
Select Codes and promotions.
Select Invalid code or Lost code.
It may ask for an error code - put none
Put in an email with details of what happened.
Literally if you are indeed eligible for a code the automated system will email you within seconds with an acutal beat key to redeem on origin/ps/xbox store.

All credit to Octosphere on reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa..._for_people_on_origin_or_consoles_not_seeing/

Whilst it kinda sucks they have messed up the beta launch, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up extending it or offering some kind of star card to make up.

Anybody have a spare Xbox One code kicking around? Don’t mean to shit up the thread with code begging but I pre-ordered on PS4 and apparently all of my friends wound up on Xbox this time around so I’d love to hop in there.

Oh and just a tip for streamers, if you title your stream anything in the proximity of “Beta HYPE!”, there’s a 99.99% chance I’ll be turned off, lol.

Lom1lo

Played 3 matches. Its a blast to play, much better than the first one. The star card system is pay to win imo, there are damage buffs and much more that makes you better. I hope you are getting enough crates while playing. And boy does this look ugly on the x1, its not even funny

FN-2187

Anyone else having an issue on Xbox where it locks on the User Agreement? I have tried quitting the game and restarting my Xbox, but it still locks every time it gets to the User Agreement. Won't let me Accept or Decline or anything. No button inputs do anything (except the Xbox button).

bombshell

Download is up now for me on PS4! (with redeemed code last week)

Searched the beta in the store and the button that said "Not available for purchase" earlier now said "Download".

Kal1138

Neo Member
to any digital purchasers on any platform that is having issues with no key or pc users not having beta show up in origin library automatically:

Follow these steps:

Go to EA Help (help.ea.com).
Select Help with a Game.
Select SWBFII.
Scroll down and select Contact Us.
Choose your platform.
Select Codes and promotions.
Select Invalid code or Lost code.
It may ask for an error code - put none
Put in an email with details of what happened.
Literally if you are indeed eligible for a code the automated system will email you within seconds with an acutal beat key to redeem on origin/ps/xbox store.

All credit to Octosphere on reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa..._for_people_on_origin_or_consoles_not_seeing/

It worked! I got a code instantly! Thank you so much!

Played 3 matches. Its a blast to play, much better than the first one. The star card system is pay to win imo, there are damage buffs and much more that makes you better. I hope you are getting enough crates while playing. And boy does this look ugly on the x1, its not even funny

WTF. Really?

In that case, unless the single player is great, im fucking out.

How does the reload system work this time? Sometimes I get the overheating minigame and sometimes I get this 'Press X' input.

Also, graphics are ROUGH on XB1. Flametroopers are garbage amd heavies are way too strong.

It worked! I got a code instantly! Thank you so much!

Awesome glad it helped someone else! The communication from EA on this is appalling.

WTF. Really?

Let's not the jump the gun here - we always knew that Star Cards would give some small advantages and the alpha was handing out the boxes like crazy - if it is the same in the beta/release it most certainly is not P2W

Awesome glad it helped someone else! The communication from EA on this is appalling.

Let's not the jump the gun here - we always knew that Star Cards would give some small advantages and the alpha was handing out the boxes like crazy - if it is the same in the beta/release it most certainly is not P2W

Any kind of advantage you can buy is a P2W economy.

WTF. Really?

No, not really. Its not P2W at all. Everything can be unlocked by playing normally. Stuff in crates is just shortcuts.

My first round.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTl0kcD4fys

Any kind of advantage you can buy is a P2W economy.

Issue is you can not buy direct - they are loot boxes.

However upon reflection i do agree with you - there is an element of P2W but not in the traditional sense. as said above - the creates are shortcuts so it is pay to cut time off rather then items giving you an advantage behind a paywall.

Top Bottom